Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Sewing Machine???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Sewing Machine??? Next Topic  

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  11:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Well, after posting that my machine is a wreak and that I can't afford a new machine I went ahead and started looking anyway.....I really like the Sapphire machine by Viking or Husavanna (whatever they are calling themselves) ....but way too much $$$. Does anyone have a Emerald, the one that sells for around 299.00? What do you think? Any other suggestions? I mostly do plan old sewing...just straight and zigzag...not alot of the other stitches. I do use thicker fabric on occassion and sometimes quilt. varying speeds is good. I like the idea of a fully automatic bobbin set up. I can't believe I am even entertaining the idea of this purchase.

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  12:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Hubby bought me a Husqvarna about 4 years ago and I love it.

Trina

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  1:26:17 PM  Show Profile
MaryAnn, look here in the Stitching & Crafting Room under the topic I Want A Serger, and go down to the current discussion. I asked a lot of sewing machine/serger questions, and got some great responses from the other girls. Maybe some of that info will help you too!

I'm still thinking and researching on the internet as far as what to do about buying a sewing machine or serger too.

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Sewing Machine??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page