CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  12:02:16 PM  Show Profile
sent this to my 'true friends' list via e-mail .. if you wanna' be on that list or see the pics .. jus' e-mail me and let me know. xo

SATURDAY, JUNE 23
new gal-pal, Robin, arrived on my door-stoop at 9 a.m. this morning .. and we headed for BEREA .. via GREENSBURG .. for some antiquin', gobblin of yummies, and girl-talk!

robin and i met at a recent 'log cabin' antiques sale at friend Sugarbucket's! and you reeeeeeeeely want to go to one of those too!!! i'll be sure to let you know when she holds the next one! come and plan to spend the day .. i'll conjure up something fun for us all to sew on!

robin brought the cutest picnic basket filled with goodies for us to nibble on .. AND .. she brought me some flower bulbs which i'm gonna' plant in my garden today .. thanks miz robin .. for the sweet gifts and for the fun, fun day and for your friendship!

OH YES!!! if you were NOT with us .. we probably talked about you!!!!
well .. o.k.!! o.k.!!! .... "I" probably talked about you!!!

baskets .. and books .. two of my favorite things!

as always .. when in berea .. we visited my fav shoppe!

SOMETHING OLDE ANTIQUE MALL
437 Chestnut Street
Berea, KY 40403
859-986-6057

we ran into that cutie pie karen who is the 'momma' of the antiques mall and .. who i swear .. gets younger every day of her life!

headed for friend SUE's wonderful primitive booth .. got me some great little treasures there .. one of my favoritest little things i got today was a 'hookey-doo' (that's karen's official name for it when she was trying to describe it to sue who had called the shoppe .. not sure what it was originally intended for .. but have a neat 'tip' for you .. and this is why i got it.

do you know how to keep a candle from SMOKING when you extinguish the fire???

you simply take a little metal 'hookey-doo' and push the lit wick into the hot puddle of wax that surrounds it .. then take the curved pointy end and lift it back up out of the wax .. VOILA .. NO SMOKE!!!! try it .. you'll want a hookey-doo of your own!!!

love 'kitchen' tin-ware' too!!!
this olde 'skimmer' has a great prim look and feel to it!

and whatta' fun cookin' FORK .. look what it does ...

extends to twice it's original size!

also got a cute little 'tin cookie' pan ...
last week ... when i travelled through OHIO with the gurlfrenz ...
when we visited LIZZIE's (be still my heart!!!)
she had a 'cookie pan' filled with chunks of olde soap and a
wonderful olde kitchen knife (big butcher kind) .. and she
used it to 'slice' pieces off the bigger bars of soap ..
i jus' wanna' 'set that up' somewheres here in the cabins!
i got the soaps .. i got the knife
NOW
i got the pan!!!
(come get a bath!!!)

crossed the street for a yummy 'sammich' at a cute 'coffee shoppe' ... and then on to the used BOOK STORE in town .. where we both loaded up on wunnerful books .. several children's books for the 'grandes' ...

and i love this BIBLE FLOWERS book:

and ... be still my heart, i found a book on the life of Janice Holt Giles .. my very most favoritest author in the whole wide world .. and did i mention she was from KENTUCKY!!!!

i read myself to sleep last night ..
gosh .. i sure wish i had that kind of history written about
my grandparents, parents, me and all my kith and kin!

what a wonderful author dianne watkins stuart is!

we discovered a berea doll artist (prim) who is awesome .. lawdy .. i've forgotten her name already .. but you reeeeeeeeely mus' come here sometime and go to berea with me!!! she has her dolls at the something olde antique mall!

by the way gurlfrenz .. SUNDAY is my 'home alone' day .. and i'm going to start matching you 'swappers' up with partners .. sooo .. be watchin'!

AND .. remember .. to let me know ASAP if you will be able to join us for our fun
FARMGIRLS DOLLY APRON-MAKIN' day here at cabin creek farm .. SATURDAY, JULY 21.
(i'll need a coupla' weeks to prepare for this ... soooo ... soon's you tell me that you can come play .. and let me know how many guests you'll be bringin' .. the better for me!

and .. 'nuther thing .. be sure to subcribe to MERCANTILE GATHERINGS MAGAZINE right away .. i'll be writing of our fun trip to OHIO and all the wonderful shoppes we visited!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Across the Fence: Previous Topic fun day! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page