Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Looking for a book Next Topic  

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  12:27:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies ~ I'm looking for a book called "The Summer is Magic" by Joan Howard. It's the sequel to "The 13th is Magic" and was published around 1950 in England. I read it in 3rd grade and it was just one of those books that you always wanted to find again. I found "The 13th is Magic" on the web and it's like having a good friend home.

If anybody finds a copy in her travels or book sales or garage sales, please buy it for me and I'll reimburse you.

Thanks! Happy reading!!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  1:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Have you check half.com?
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  1:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You have very good taste in old books, Patricia! I checked in a couple of book search services I've used and there are two listings for this book: one dealer wants $215.00 and the other one wants.....$450.00!
WOW! This must be a REALLY GOOD book! :D I'll put it on my list of stuff I look for. Her name sounds very familiar. Did she write a lot of books?

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  1:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Okay, after reading a couple of reviews of the first book you mentioned, I think I understand why these copies are so expensive. It seems to have everything to do with British copyright laws. So I guess they can't be reprinted, no matter how great a market there might be for them. So the only copies left are the old copies. That's sad for a good author's work to be caught in a technicality.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Looking for a book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page