Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Update on Vermont/I am still here!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Update on Vermont/I am still here! Next Topic  

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  7:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hello all!
First, on Vermont.... Well we got a job offer but not the one we were hoping for and after number crunching we knew we could not do the things we hoped to do on the salary they were offering, so then the talks began... back and forth a dozen times at least... meanwhile his bosses here were not happy that he had a job offer and was thinking of leaving so they pulled us in to talk (overseas they often included the spouses in talks because they know if I or the spouse am/is not on board it doesnt matter) and began to really make some great arrangements for our future here including a promotion and more. So after sadness (which I still have) and talking and a ton or more of thinking we desided to stay here until January 2009. The pay increasae for my husband is wonderful and significant and the doors it will open for him career wise are wonderful.... BUT it means my dream is once again on hold which kills me!!! I am SOOOO very homesick and so much want to be in the country with my chickens and cow and ..., but I also know that this promotion allows us to do all that easier then before...soooo ... I of course am very very proud of my DH and the fact that he does his job so well that they always want to keep him where ever he is, but I was so excited about moving to Vermont!! *BIG sigh*

On the flip side this locks in his pay for as long as he works in this type of goverment work and so makes it so we can afford my dream so much easier as well as be able to build my dream home. It will provide a way for my children to go to private school without me having to go to work so I am free to start my own bussinesses, etc without concern for income. So it is a huge blessing just not what I was hoping for!!!

I thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and good vibes and sweet n kind words and everything!!! It meant so very very much!!!

Now I was so quiet because with all this going on my children (2 of them) developed asthma (one of my DDs already has asthma) and the one that had it had routine check ups and so I feel as if I have been living at the doctors/hospital for the past 3 weeks!!! It was like a zoo but we seem to have them all on the right doses/medications now and I think at last there will be peace at home!!! But I am alive and here!!!

So things are back to normal (what is that with four kids?!? ) The move is on hold, and so I will continue to learn all I can here and live through all your farm expierences and ONE day, I will be writing about my own!!!
Thank You All Again!!
Hugs to All!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Jun 17 2007 7:19:06 PM

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  7:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Talitha!

That is so disappointing for you, and exciting at the same time! Talk about mixed emotions, eh?! Money concerns are always so hard, so maybe it really is wonderful to have that extra little cushion, and 2009 is surprisingly not to far down the line! Hopefully that perfect farm will open it's doors to you at just the right time! That is what I have to hope for since I am pretty much stuck at college for the next two years.

Alee

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  03:04:07 AM  Show Profile
I am sure this is all going to work out wonderfully for you. We love to have you back here in the states but until then friends know no distance and I certainly keep you in my thoughts. Just think of all the stories you will get to tell your grandkids one day.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://thebackfence.etsy.com
http://kathy-whimsicaldays.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  09:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Talitha,
I know it's disappointing but if staying there longer will help to make you dreams come true, then it will be worth it in the end. I know you are homesick and want to come back. Hang in there. Good thoughts to you and your family.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  1:29:43 PM  Show Profile
Talitha,
Wow, that would have been some tough decisions. Glad you are supportive of your dh, ever so glad that you are on here and we can have the friendships over the miles. On hold is a challenging place to be, but on hold doesn't last forever. Thinking of you. Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  1:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Talitha,
You are an awesome woman, supportive of your DH, knowing that todays sacrifice will be tomorrows blessings..... 2009 will get here all to soon....so rejoice & enjoy where you are for the time you have there.
Glad you are back & that your 4 little ones are keeping your busy & out of mischief!!! LOL!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  5:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Alee,
Thank you so much! Yes you are right, 2009 is just around the conner and in the meantime I will be finishing my degree so when I move hopefully I will have my degree in Interior Design or at least be close to it! And of course you are right that financially this will make our lives much easier. I hope you are right that my prefect place will be waiting for me then! I wish you all the very best in school and with your upcomming wedding!! Thank you again!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Jun 18 2007 6:01:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  6:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Thank You Kathy!
I am sure you are right. I always say its not were you are going that is hard to figure out but the getting there! And yes tales to tell for sure!! lol I will have lived here longer then anywhere else in my life funny huh?? Thank you for your thoughts and friendship!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  6:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Debbie,
You are right of course, but I am still so disappointed and sad... but I will shake it off soon I am sure! Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  6:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Carol Sue,
It was really tough, especially for me because I have never been one to give much credit to money. But the combination of the pay, expierence, and doors it will open, along with knowing how it would also help us toward our dreams won the vote. I am thrilled I am here ( on this forum) and thank you and everyone for my dear friendships over the miles I have found here, they are such a blessing! And yes hold is not meant to be a forever thing, so that is good! Thank you for thinking of me!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  6:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Grace,
It is very debatable weither or not my kids keep me out of trouble and mischief...lol...but they sure do try bless em! And you are right, 2009 should be here soon! I am trying very hard to be brave and happy ...see?!?
Thank you so much!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  6:48:43 PM  Show Profile
Talitha,
I held off on sending a package to you with a possible move on the way. Now, I'll gather up your goodies and send them. Will let you know when it's on the way. Including sourdough starter.
All's well that ends well and your willingness to wait for your dream will benefit you soon.
Take care,
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  7:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ronna,
How sweet!! Thank you so much! And thank you for the kind words too!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2007 :  5:03:54 PM  Show Profile
Talitha, what bittersweet news! I'm sorry for the asthma business with your children... and sorry you won't be coming "home" to Vermont in the near future, but as you and so many others have said, 2009 will be here before you know it, and your dreams will hopefully just slip right into place. That cow and the chickens will be such a sweet reward for your wait. Not to mention the home and job! :-) XO,

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2007 :  8:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ann,
Thank you! And yes a cow and a few dozen chickens will be a great reward!!! It is a really great blessing, so chin up n all!! I think when I get home I will eat nothing but fruit for like 3 months!!! lol But it will be here soon!! So until then I will just keep learning and planning and getting ready for the day it happens!!
Thank you so much for your kind words!! (and the asthma is all under control now!)
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2007 :  10:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello Dear Talitha! As always thinking about you! We all know that you will have your dream home someday back in the states! No doubt about that! How blessed you are to have a DH that is loved so much, that they will pay the price ! Sorry to hear some of your babes have been sick but are now on the mend. It worries us sooooo as Mother's when our children are ill. You are a good Mommy! It's my turn to write you back an email! Talk soon!

Big Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  7:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Maryjane,
Thank you so much!! And yes it is a good thing my DH is wanted where he is, it would be awful if it were reversed! So I am truly thankful for that! And thank you in regards to my kiddos...yes it is stressful especially when they cant breath ! But thankfully that seems to be in the past now! It is so humid here that alergies and asthma are very common.
I will be in touch with you through e-mail! Thank You again!!
As Always,
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  9:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Talitha,
I hopped on here after reading your email - I will reply tonight, so much to tell you!!
I know EXACTLY the talks you have been having as we have had the same ones, so many times. My hubby is more scared than I am about the whole financial thing. In the long run, I'm sure it will be for the best, as you will be better able to afford to set up exactly the way you would like, and it will give you more choices of properties with more money behind you. But on the other hand, I know how you feel about WAITING, always waiting! It feels as though you are living in limbo, especially away from family. It is such a hard decision to make, there are just so many ifs and buts.
I am thinking of you always.
All the best,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  11:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Dear Jayne,
I got your message! Thank you so much! It is wonderful all the support and friendship we find here!!
Yes the "waaaaaaaiiittttttttttinggggg" is getting to me a bit but am so determined it will be for the best and all work out!
Till Next Time!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Ladies! I know exactly how you feel! I have to finish my degree before we can go out and get the farm I want (and need!!!). It is going to be about 2 years for me too, Talitha! And I was just visiting people in the area that I want to move to!! And land was for sale!

Oh well- I know it is best to wait until I get my degree. It's just like you are saying- It's the waiting that is so hard!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  7:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
I think you have hit the nail on the head there - it is not that we just want our farms, it is that we 'need' them! It is very hard to explain to people sometimes, as they just don't get that need that I feel. And I often find it hard to articulate - how do you explain something that is just part of you?
Just remember, we will get there in the end and we will be here for each other always.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  9:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad I know you ladies! I just _knew_ you would understand!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  3:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Alee & Jayne,
It is so frustrating at times isnt it?!? Especially when it is so close you can almost taste it yet seemingly SO far away!! *bigggg sigh* But yes! We will get there!!! Us three (You, Jayne and myself) will just have to hang in there together!!! At least we have the bestest company while we wait!!
Hugz to You Both!!
Talitha

PS Alee, I am in school too! all the best in your studies!!
Hugz Always!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Update on Vermont/I am still here! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page