Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:30:20 AM  Show Profile
You know summer is here when you here the crickets in the fields....
Unfortunately we have a solitary cricket that is right outside of our front door. I have enjoyed his sweer chirpings but do wonder how he got here and why he is all alone. So does anyone else have a pet cricket that lives by there front door or by there window?

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
No pet crickets, Teresa. But for several years, we had one solitary bird that would just continually fly into a(closed) back window of our farmhouse. He just 'bonked' into it, recovered himself, and did it again. Nonstop and all day long. I'm so relieved he isn't around this year!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Teresa!

I have a friend that can imitate a cricket sound! One day I was walking in the pet section of Wal-Mart and I heard my friend doing the cricket sound. So I started looking for him, thinking he was playing a joke on me. It turned out it wasn't my friend, but rather Crickets that they had for sale there! Yup- I mistook the real crickets for my friend's immitation!

I haven't heard any crickets where I live yet this year, not sure if I will either. I don't know if our yard is moist enough to be a good home for them.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  8:37:34 PM  Show Profile
janice
i am so glad that your sad little bird has gone to greener pastures. That would have driven me mad, i would have been talking to the bird.

and Alee that is hillarious. I would have suspected my friend to though.

thanks for the giggle session gals
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Lonely Cricket... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page