Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  10:59:17 AM  Show Profile
I won't pretend this post is anything but a whine session . . . pity party . . . poor me . . . whatever you want to call it.

As most of you know I had sinus surgery last week and today I had the packing removed (so I no longer look like the Frito Bandito! LOL!) Anyway, it hurt a ridiculous amount . . . to the point I was in tears, which I wasn't expecting. I found out the reason it hurt so is because it apparently is not healing correctly and I have a hematoma and now have to go back in tomorrow morning and have it fixed surgically.

I really hate being "down" and had tried to plan this time to be as non-interfering with life as I could, but unfortunately now this will be adding at least another week to the recovery. So I have to postpone my first sale at my new "warehouse", and it will mess up other family plans.

I know in the scheme of life, this is a small matter, but right now I can't seem to see beyond my own nose (yes, pun intended!)

Can I have some cheese and crackers to go with my whine? . . .

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Brenda (((HUGS))), I don't blame you for not being happy about all this, esp. this time of year when you want to be out and about!!
Praying for it all to go well this time!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:09:19 AM  Show Profile
OH NO!!!
Sweetie I am So Sorry!

Well Brenda.. I suppose we should be glad to find it has to be done NOW.. rather then several weeks down the line.. Right Kiddo??

i am really SOOO sorry Honey!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:11:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! I love knowing I can "whine" to my farmgirl friends and they just give me all the hugs I need. You are a blessing!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:44:27 AM  Show Profile
oh Brenda......that just stinks! I guess looking back on this awhile in the future it will seem like a small thing, but it is hard NOT to whine just a little bit now! You take care!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  11:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh , Brenda!! I'm so sorry, I bet you're feeling very discouraged right now. I think If I was told I had to go back in for surgery again, I'd have a big pity party for myself too. Just know we're thinking of you and praying for you!

Blessings

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
www.LaMargueriteFarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Brenda-

I am so sorry to hear that you have to have another surgery! I know that sinus surgeries are not fun! I know your grand opening will be spectacular no matter when you do it, but sometimes you just want plans to go as scheduled! Sometimes it isn't that the plans have to be put off, but the disappointment, right?

I hope your family things can be rescheduled as well! And I am sure after a while, the sinus surgeries will be worth it! I know my mom can suffer from horrible sinus pain, so if yours was any thing like hers, it should help!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Poor girl, please let us know how this one goes! We will be thinkin' about you! Cindy

PS I just had a hysterectomy in May and am still having some trouble so I know how you feel!!!!

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Sorry to hear you had to get a re-call so to speak. Hoping this will go the right way and all will be well soon.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  1:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, my sincere sympathies to you. I've never had sinus surgery, but I regularly get sinus headaches, so I can commiserate. Prayers for a smooth fix. Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  1:27:05 PM  Show Profile
Brenda My daughter said having the packing removed was like "having her brains pulled out through her nose" and that was without a hematoma so that must have been brutal. They give you those pain meds for a reason. Hope the recall goes well.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  3:05:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh. :( That's terrible. Hopefully things will work this time and you will be on the road to recovery soon. Prayers heading out for you.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  3:16:03 PM  Show Profile
Surgery totally stinks... I hope it goes great and this is the last time.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  3:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh darn Brenda! I am sorry to hear you will be having more surgery! This to shall pass!!!! As before, you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Big hugs going your way Brenda!

Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  3:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Brenda! I'm so very very sorry. I really admire your humor. Wish there was something I could do to help out...Maybe this weekend I can drop off a care package for you...It would be no trouble and would make me so happy to do...

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  7:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Girls,
You are all so sweet. I am missing my son's 8th grade graduation as we speak . . . he was very understanding about it, but as a mom you want to be there for all the milestones. Can't sit at the computer very long, but I love to check in with you all. This forum is such a blessing to me. Michelle, you are so sweet! Email me and we can figure out if this works for you. I don't want you to be inconvenienced in any way. Blessings to each of you!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  10:15:50 PM  Show Profile
Goodness Brenda,
What a major bummer. Sure do understand about the disappointment and dealing with the challenges of changes you were not expecting. I moved a mirror, a big mirror the first of March and just now am able to do a few things. I still love where my mirror is in my bedroom. LOL.
Will be praying, let me know if there is anything I can do.
Just think of the sale this way, you will be able to let more people know and have a much better sale.
Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  11:22:16 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. The second surgery went fine, though I feel like I layed my face down on a railroad track! I mostly have been sleeping the last couple days . . . the pain meds are truly a blessing. Having been intubated twice within a week, my throat has been really sore too, but is getting better. I do look much better now though . . . the "frito bandito" mustache is gone and the "straws" (splints) up my nose don't show, so at a glance I look almost normal! Your love and prayers have been so appreciated.

Hugs & blessings . . .

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  08:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brenda-

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! I hope you continue to heal quickly!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17138 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17138 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  08:39:10 AM  Show Profile
ok, so as soon as I get up there, not only well we be do the the tae party thing,,,but I'm thinking a Martini just might cheer you up!!! tee hee.....
(just e-mailed ya)
hugz, >^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  09:59:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm a veteran of sinus surgery too. The removal of packing, according to me and to all the people I have talked to, always hurts like Hades even at its best. Splints hurt like Hades too, just more briefly. Recommendation is to take your pain meds before you go and have someone else drive you. Sinus surgery changed my life for the better, and I hope it does for you, too!!!

Grew up on a farm...moved to da city...grew up a farmgirl!

http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  11:29:07 AM  Show Profile
aww Brenda..I hope you heal up real fast and no more complications. hugs to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  1:35:37 PM  Show Profile
Glad the pain medications are helping and that you are resting. Just believin this will do what you need it to.
Take care of yourself.
Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  2:38:50 PM  Show Profile
I sure hope this one works for you.
You sure have had it hard. Hugs and prayers for you
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  7:18:11 PM  Show Profile
That is such a painful and traumatic surgery to undergo. Even if you hadn't had to go back for the second round, you are very welcome to whine! Ouch! Just thinking about it is hurting me!

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  09:30:44 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, Thanks for the lovely visit. You are such a joy to talk with. So comfortable, so graceful (even if you don't feel your best, you made me feel wonderfully happy and at home)... You have given me so much to smile about. 100% Farmgal Goodness! I hope you continue to feel better and better.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic More surgery . . . whine! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page