Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Art in the Alley (ramblins)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Art in the Alley (ramblins) Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:56:19 AM  Show Profile
gurlz .. this is the report i sent to my 'kentucky ramblers' list of gurlfrenz .. i've deleted the 'photo' info .. but if you wanna' see the report (with photos) .. jus' e-mail me and ask to be on my KENTUCKY RAMBLERS list .. pleeeeeeeeeeze give me your FULL name and E-MAIL addy .. so i can add you to my list. xoxo, frannie

ART IN THE ALLEY
GREENSBURG, KENTUCKY
JUNE 9, 2007

we sure had a fun time together!!! twigs (one of the two incredible editors of mercantile gatherings magazine and long-time 'true friend') and meryle, (newer 'true-friend' and funny, funny sweetheart visiting from merry olde england) ambled down this-a-way and we met in greensburg .. hung out at Glovers' Station grabbin' goodies .. then had a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious luncheon at our wonderful, wonderful LUCY TUCKER'S restaurant .. you MUST come visit and i'll take you there!!!

then we ran up to Campbellsville and made a Peddlar's Mall 'hit' for some more goodies .. than visited Pamela at her cute Beehind Thyme shoppe. Back to town, where we raided Glovers' Station for some 'props' for our booth .. then down to the alley for 'set-up'.

Dinner was at the Kozy Korner on Main Street in town .. then to the cabins .. which we thought slept SIX .. NOT!!!!!!!! there was one double bed and one tiny pull-out sofa that barely slept one. Miz Pamela didn't make it there that night .. Miz Rita decided to go home and sleep in her comfy bed .. and i slept on the floor. (they did need to call for a crane to get me up offa' the floor the next morning!)

o.k. .. only teasin' there ... actually, i rolled over .. and went back to crawling like a baby until my 'ole bones unstiffened enuff for me to pull myself into an upright position!

scary .. isn't it .. lordy! next thing i know .. i'll be wearin' diapers like a baby! interesting to realize that we go from diapers and crawling .. only to return to it about 75 or 80 years later! (and in some cases .. like my own .. SOONER!) but .. i mus' say .. that once i am up .. i'm ready to run a marathon!) WELL .. o.k.! o.k.! (and ONLY since honey hunk will see this .. i am NOT ready for any marathons .. but you gurlfrenz know that i am like a whirling dervish when i get into an antiques mall!!!

well, anyhoo ... miz rita was going to call us at 5:30 a.m. to make sure we got up in time .. but when 4:30 rolled around .. i was in and outta' the shower and took a walk down to the river .. and since it was still 'darkish' outside .. and as i was runnin' my toes in the water ... our conversation of the night before came clanging back into my ears about SNAKES who hung out by the riverbank!

now .. i did somewhat run a short marathon back up that hill and away from the riverbank!!!!

the girls were jus' scramblin' around when i got back to the cabin .. and i decided i had to be down at the alley by 6:30 to meet and greet our vendors as i'm on the Arts Council.

I walked to town and stood in an empty alley with my head swingin' up and down and wondering' where everyone was .. when it came to me: "OH! it's only 5:30 here in Greensburg!" soooooooooo ... i ambled back up to the cabins .. and we all came down together to decorate and put our goodies out!

We had a really fun day together .. didn't make a million dollars .. but the weather was grande (got a tad hot at mid-day though) .. the friendship and giggles were great and the show was wonderful! Had lots of vendors .. beautiful jewelery, blown glass that was magnificent .. our garden club was there ... basket makers .. oh gosh .. i could just go on forever! My mos' favorite was the wooden 'spoon carver' who was in the booth next to us .. he was a delight to talk with and his spoons were beautiful .. i bought several!

I was soooooooooo excited to meet a young woman with .. and i swear .. i shoulda' taken a picture!!! pink and purple, blue and yellow striped hair!!! she gave me the name of her hairdresser and i WILL give her a visit sometime soon!!!!

there was a wonderful potter across from us who showed children how to 'pot' all day long!! the kids got to actually get into the clay and create! i was very pleased when he won the drawing for his choice of a 'canoe trip' on the green river or a night's stay in our cabins by the riverside. (he teaches the children pottery at our event each year for FREE!!)

for the chilluns, we had jump ropes for jumping, bubbles for blowing, and chalk for drawing in the alley too!

Two of our local artists, Mildred Colvin and Pansy Phillips had a display of their original paintings at our local church. I have their prints and someday would adore owning an original from both of them!!!

Lucy Tucker's prepared delicious box-lunches .. and we have several other restaurants in town where everyone could grab a bite to eat too! Our Glovers' Station was a-hoppin' on that day i am told too!

The whole day was filled with local artists .. music and conversation and visiting and shopping .. what more could a gurl ask for!!!

I did receive another dear little dolly for our Breast Cancer Fundraiser ... and raised $50. for this worthy cause. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to both Tammy and Chris for donating your dear dollies!!

OH .. and there was an 'english rules' Croquet Game at a beautiful home on main street too!

oh what a fun day! you really, really, really must make plans to visit us next year for our Art in the Alley Festival!

here are a few pics of our booth .. ef'fen you see a little sumpthin' 'er other that you would like to have .. let me know .. and i'll let you know if it is still available!

Chris' dolly got adopted right away ... Tammy's had
been purchased before the show even started.

After Art in the Alley .. we packed up .. and headed back to Cabin Creek Farm for dinner and watermellon and cheesecake! Talked until our eyelids were flapping closed.

After the girls took OUTDOOR SHOWERS (i SWORE to them that hank was in bed sleeping!!!!) But oh YESSSSS! i do have photos!!!!

isn't that a cute tin 'cowboy tub'!! I got it for hank to use on the deck .. but the bottom isn't flat and you rocked and rolled in it ... soooooo .. i turned it into a flower pot!

Had a big breakfast of monster 3-grain pancakes (which i only burnt a little bit!) with a stewed fruit topping and bacon. Then we headed for Bardstown for some antiquing at Kathy Sugarbucket's most wonderous primitive antiques shoppe! Had lunch together at a cute little restaurant in town .. shopped a little .. then hugged and kissed farewell (ha! until tomorrow evening .. when i head for Twigs' house and a FIVE-DAY trip to Ohio together!!!)

I SWEAR .. on the way back home ... i had to stop at Abraham Lincoln's boyhood home (which is halfway between bardstown and our cabins) to take a short nap to keep from falling asleep behind the wheel of my car on those curvy kentucky back-roads!

When i hit the door .. i walked directly to the bed for another short nap (5:30 p.m.) .. didn't open my eyes again until 6:30 a.m.!!!

well tweedlie-dees and tweedlie-dums .. i'm offa' this machine for awhile .. it's been grande yakkin' at you for a few minutes .. tomorrow we head for hank's 'birthday surprize trip' (lordy! can't remember whether or not i told you about mine??? we went to shakertown .. finally got to see ALL of shakertown .. taking all the tours and going into all the buildings and walking the grounds) .. i think i told you that we each planned our own 'birthDAY' .. i fear that tomorrow i will be trudging through a hot forest with bears and wildcats ... and wading knee deep with the snakes in the green river .. with a buffet luncheon of bugs falling from the leaves above us and ants crawling into my SAND-wich!

after our grande birth-date .. i will head for twigs where she and meryl and her momma and i will head to ohio to meet up with lynn ann and other friends for some more gurlfren shoppin'! for FIVE days!!

hope to hear from all of ya'll .. wanna' know what you have been up to this summer!! some GAMES and PRIZES and lots more 'TREASURE SEEKER TREASURES' comin' soon!!!

hugs, frannie

p.s. plan a trip to see me sometime this summer ... xoxoxoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Across the Fence: Previous Topic Art in the Alley (ramblins) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page