Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  9:27:25 PM  Show Profile
I terraced this slope and planted all the roses by myself in February. I have been waiting for them to bloom rather impatiently all Spring. I also planted catmint in between them and my husband put some garlic in too. It's supposed to keep the bugs away. It looks kind of ugly though, so we aren't going to do that next year. I couldn't get the whole thing in the pic, but you get the idea. This Shreveport rose is my favorite so far.

http://love-in-a-mist-shannon.blogspot.com/

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  10:26:21 PM  Show Profile
very pretty

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  05:54:22 AM  Show Profile
You did a great job Shannon. I know how much hard work it takes to terrace a slope. Did you use flagstone to border the bed? Your pink and purple color combination looks quite colorful & pretty amongst all that green. Your rose is beautiful too, I can see why it is your favorite. Happy gardening all summer long!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  07:00:40 AM  Show Profile
Up top I have to just mow along it with the push mower. It doesn't do a very good job though. Flag stone would be perfect to fix that problem, but my DH won't let me spend alot of money on flower beds. I have to reuse things I can find around the farm. Like I made the terraces with cedar fence posts from an old corral and kept them in place with rusty broken metal fence posts. But I do have access to river rock, which I could make work. Thanks for the idea!

http://love-in-a-mist-shannon.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  1:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon-

You are so creative to find such a beautiful way to recycle things from around your land! I think river rock would be stunning, and I love your flower garden! Your roses look like they are turning out beautifully.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:27:36 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for posting a picture of your beautiful garden! I love the colors and the roses are gorgeous. Nice job!
Go to Top of Page

PocketFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Sarah
Utica New York
119 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:28:08 PM  Show Profile
I love roses! We have some wild ones on our property, and I put in a Pat Austin this spring, with some lavender bushes. We've got a few that were already here (hybrid teas, I think), but they've yet to bloom.

Thanks! That's gorgeous!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  11:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You sure did a lot of hard work, Shannon. Congratulations and a pat on the back for the beautiful garden that you have as a result!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic My rose garden Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page