Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The way you comb your hair.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The way you comb your hair..... Next Topic
Page: of 2

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  7:49:54 PM  Show Profile
I've been growing mine for the past 7 1/2 years. I used to have a fast life and no time for hair so it was just a simple mop on top with buzzed sides and back. Now it's a couple inches past the bra line. I Like it now.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  04:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I love this thread. I am a very little make up kinda woman except for a little eye stuff and a little lip stuff every now and then. I think I look quite goofy in make up. I dont color my hair - earned every grey one and besides my husband would be very upset if I colored my hair he feels the same way, we earned them, we flaunt them! He is pretty grey himself. My hair is VERY curly and I cut it about a year ago. I just thought I looked overwhelmed by my hair. The longer it got...the bigger it got! Now I am contemplating getting an even shorter cut. Maybe...I have an appt but might give it to my daughter as she is wanting a trim and our hair dresser who has cut my hair since the early 80's, is booked all the time so you cant make spur of the moment decisions! Right now I am wearing it clipped back around my face because it makes me absolutely insane for my hair to fall in my face! My hair is really changing textures...I guess age is playing a factor in that and I can tell you it will be wild when it is all grey...those are some very wiry white hairs!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  09:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Well I am only 27 and have a bit of gray in my hair, but I like it, it gives me highlights. I havent dyed my hair in about a year I have auburn hair that used to be RED but now its calmed down alot. I dont wear much makeup usually some under my eyes and mascera and thats it. I hated my freckles and red hair and my unability to tan growing up but now it is just a part of who I am. "that white girl" lol as I used to be called in school.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  09:14:34 AM  Show Profile
So it sounds like most of you who have let your hair grey naturally have the support of the men in your lives. My DH says, "Whatever you want" and in typical fashion I overanalyze that and try to figure out what he REALLY means. When I've had mine colored he's been complimentary, but he's also on board for our switch to organic foods, so I can't imagine he really wants me dipping my head in a vat of chemicals every month!
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  10:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
HAHA I know what you mean! Whatever you want!!! Let me just tell you from experience...they dont usually mean anything! Men are fairly simple creatures with simple needs/wants/likes - especially farmboys like most of us are with. Their minds just do not work like ours!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  11:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Figgers that I'm gonna be different!! I do color my hair a light blond cuz I have a maternal grey slash over one side of my cowlick, over my forehead. The dark hair and the white hair have way too much contrast for me. It used to look uber nice but now I just don't like it. So I color to even things out and I still have natural hightlights and shiny hair. As an aside, a lady told me that the grey streak is cuz one of my female ancestors (my family showed up on these shores in the 1600's) was burned at the stake and the streak is a reminder. I haven't checked if anyone was actually burned tho. I usually wear it back from my face in barettes on either side. I blow it dry cuz I have the finest, thickest, straightest hair going and if I don't, it's pretty lank...no body whatsoever!!

I do wear Almay makeup cuz my skin is a lot softer for some reason. My guess is the sublock stuff in it. My face is changing and my eyes and so I do use eye shadow and mascara plus blush. I look better, I think. My hubby doesn't care one way or the other I should add. I do this for me mainly, altho for him too, whether he knows it or not.

But I do keep my colors nuetral as I want people to see me instead of looking at makeup and wondering what I really look like. I don't use any sort of soap on my face, only water and a washcloth.

I have a few wrinkles now, mainly crowsfeet and I can't say I'm happy they are there eitehr. I can personally do without them!!

Yep, I have to always be different...hehehe...

Winona ;-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

http://goneridingagain.bravehost.com

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  2:22:50 PM  Show Profile
I feel just like you do Susan!
Go to Top of Page

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  5:03:05 PM  Show Profile
I've never been interested in makeup; I've worn it occasionally, but the last time was probably 5+ years ago. I colored my hair for many years though, as I didn't like my natural mousy brown color. It's been a year since the last coloring (I used henna the last several times) and I'm now growing out my "new" natural color, which is a crazy-quilt combination of white, grey, salt-and-pepper and mousy brown.

Visit my blog at www.craftyfool.net
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The way you comb your hair..... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page