sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  6:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Linda: I used to have my front porch screened in with those big wooden screens that were the full size of the porch. I found them in the basement of my house when we first moved in. After a few years, I took them out of the basement, painted them and rescreened them myself. It was awesome and I would lay out there on hot nights and not get eaten alive. Then one night we had a huge thunderstorm and my dog got scared and ran right through one of them! Then she did not come in through the hole she made, but ran right through another one to come back in! I was so upset, but had to take them back down and never put them back since I knew it would happen every storm after that.
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:45:45 PM  Show Profile
Love all the pics! I love my front porch too!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

Kat07
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Kathleen
75 East Bolton Rd #23 Oakley Ca
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  8:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Kat07's MSN Messenger address
Hi my porch is old weathered wood and I have 2 milk cans that I display small potted plants in one is a fern that I want to grow down to cover the pot so all you see is the fern and the can the other one is empty right now then I have one of thos lil rockers that is made of tree brances and I will display plants on that as well but it is also empty my porch is small and uncovered and the california sun right now fried the plant I had in there so had to move in I have a pot of mini roses on one step and a hibiscus on the other I will try to take a pic and post if I can figure out how on this site I am into rustic decor so under my roses I use a rusted cookie sheet to keep a lil water in them through the heat of the day.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  6:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi, I thought I would share some pictures of my porch. You all have beautiful pics posted here...Aren't porches just wonderful...my favorite room of the house!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  7:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Very Beautiful everyone! I am so jealous of all of you who have great front porches!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  7:08:39 PM  Show Profile
I have a small front porch with a catus sitting on it, a claw foot bathtub that is suppose to eventually go in our bathroom and a bbq. Someday I will have the front porch I want. I have collected 5 5 ft by 4 ft 4 paned windows for it, we want to enclose it so that we can use it year round. That way we can enjoy the flower beds more and watch the snow as it falls. Will use it as sitting and eating area eventually, Right now, hmmmm needs a little help.
Love all your porches, great inspiration.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  06:42:13 AM  Show Profile
I don't have a front porch! Waaaa! I have the wicker furniture to put on it -- including a rocker I bought back in the 60s when I was in high school -- but no porch. On my blog, I have a pic of our summer spot, tho. (But I still want a porch.)

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's on your front porch? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page