Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Really struggling here -- *Update on page 2*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Really struggling here -- *Update on page 2* Next Topic
Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  07:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Patti- good for you for taking are of yourself. You inspire me!!

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  08:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Just saw this this morning I hope all turns ourt well for you and that you are feeling like yourself real soon,

take care
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  09:17:43 AM  Show Profile
Patti - good for you for doing all the things you can think of to make the situation better. All the times of our lives certainly add up to stress and a dose of fear, too, and we keep it all inside and it can be, honestly, depressing! It is such a common and normal reaction! So, keep up the good work of dealing with it so wisely! Praying for you!

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  10:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Patti,
So glad to hear about your dr's visit and that it went well. We're all here for you and glad to know things are looking up a bit.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Another quick update. One of the nurses from the doctor's office called a bit ago to give me the results of my bloodwork. She said all my numbers as far as the blood analysis are very good. My thyroid something (number? count?) is high, but not real high. The doctor is out of the office today, but she said he called in the morning and got my results from her and said we can go over what it means, etc., at my appointment a week from Monday. From that, I can tell it's not alarmingly high.

However, she said he was concerned because I had blood in my urine, and I haven't menustrated in almost 3 years, so it can't be that. She asked all kinds of questions about other symptoms, none of which I have. She said she was supposed to call the doctor back and if he wanted to see me before my appointment she'd call me back. I'm not concerned or anything -- I tend to be pretty laid back (in a good sort of way, I think) about things like this.

So for now, I know my results but that's pretty much it. I need to get back outside and help dh. We're moving all the extra lumber and stuff outside -- a man is coming tomorrow to dig a hole and put the dirt around the house so the furnace guy can put the a/c in on Monday. It will be nice to have a/c -- I hate that mosquitos get inside every evening

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  4:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Patti!

I am so glad you found such a great and understanding doctor! I am sure it will help tons to be able to talk to him and have him treat your whole body- not just focus on one symptom or problem. *hugs!*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  5:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Dear Patti,
You sure are on my heart. I think your dr. sounds pretty wise! I hope the medicine does help, and if it doesn't, you'll soon be able to try a new plan. You've had so much stress in the last year or so, it would be amazing not to have a meltdown. Meanwhile, we love you and pray for you... thanks for trusting us with this.
(((hugs)))

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  5:46:42 PM  Show Profile
Shoot, you have a lot going on! Well, I'm so happy that they are working hard to figure out what's going on with you. Sounds like they are getting to the bottom of it for sure! Keep us informed Buddy. Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  07:28:48 AM  Show Profile
From your descriptions, it sounds like you have a very caring doctor and support staff there (as well as here!) I'm sure things will get better now. I always feel better knowing what is wrong and having a plan to make it better. Even if it takes awhile, I find that helps me see my way out "to the sunshine". I hope your news continues to be good. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Patti-

How are you feeling today? I hope you are feeling much better!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  12:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Patti So glad to hear that the Doc was a caring type and that you have started on some anti Ds As for the blood in the urine, if you are doing any heavy lifting that can cause it, anyhow I am sure the Doctor will get to the bottom of it. I have never told my DH how bad I have felt either, no reason to stress him when I have family and friends to talk to.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  12:32:51 PM  Show Profile
Patti,

I can truly say that anti-depressants have saved my life. I have been on Fluoxitine(Prozac) for about 10 years for clinical depression. It brought me from a suicidal state into a happy productive life.

Never, never feel shame for seeking help from your doctor, family or friends.

Lubs and Kisses!

www.taylorscountrystore.etsy.com

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  11:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Patti,
So sorry I was so quiet before, but I sure was thinking about you! Please dont ever be worried about comming here for someone to lean on! And you know my e-mail too, please never hesitate! Sure wish I was closer so I could stop by and help you more, but please dont ever feel alone! I am so sorry for all you are going through and I will be praying and waiting to hear how things turn out! Am thinking of you and sending all the hugs, prayers, happy thoughts and wishes I can find your way!!
Take Care!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  11:31:03 PM  Show Profile
I doctor who cares and takes you seriously is like gold. I too have struggled with these same issues, and I am thinking about you.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  7:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Patty- I have been keeping you in my prayers and will continue to as you go through this. Good to have a doctor who listens and follows up, that is so important. I know you have a lot going on, but put yourself at the top of the list. Do you know that building a house ranks right up there with the most stressful life experiences we go through?! Kinda puts things in perspective huh? I am glad you are sharing with us and keep "venting" if it helps! We have all had those days , weeks, months and years so don't be shy, especially if it helps! Hugs to you and I hope you are feeling better very soon.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2007 :  8:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Patti,
Thank you for being so honest and for the others ladies who are struggling with this as well. 3 years ago, because of overwhelming challenges with dh's family, I went in and talked to my doc. I did exercise and taking time for myself more and antidepressant, zoloft. Was doing better and the doc and I discovered when coming off of it that it was really helping me have far less episodes with IBS. So I still take it. I think truthfully it has helped with the paramenupause ups and downs as well.
Patti lots of hugs. Prayers are with you and thanks for being honest and allowing the rest of us to do the same.
Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  9:58:33 PM  Show Profile
Patti, Patti, thats what girlfriends are for no shame we all need someone to reach out to and lean on. Of course you are felling like you are its hard to see the light sometimes. But girlfriend it will shine and it will be brighter hang tough, stay focused on your goals. and ask the universe for what you need at the moment it will come. But remember the best shoulders to lean on are your girlfriends. One of us is always here!(Hugs)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Really struggling here -- *Update on page 2* Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page