Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Farmgirl Adopt-A-Highway!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirl Adopt-A-Highway! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  3:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey Farmgirls!

Would your chapters be willing to do "Adopt-A-Highway"? You can get more details by googling "Adopt-A-Highway" and your state name. For Idaho you only have to pick up trash twice a year (more if you want). The transportation department provides safety equipment and bags, picks up the garbage and some states provid wildflower seed to plant too!

What do you think? I think it would be a great way to get out there and help our communities and the planet!

Alee

Edited by - Alee on Jun 05 2007 6:26:30 PM

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  11:58:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!!! And I know it's available just about eveywhere. Good thinking!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  1:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Libbie-

Are you a member of a chapter? Do you think your chapter would be willing to do this- or would your friends be willing to adopt a section with you?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  2:26:15 PM  Show Profile
What a fun idea...I will have to check into it. Our youth at church adopted a section of our highway and have fun doing the pickup of trash twice a year..they make a party of it afterwards and make it fun!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  4:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have done this before with other organizations. It really makes you feel great. You get a nice walk and you are doing something that has a visible impact on your area. I was always amazed at how much trash is hidden in roadside grasses. Basically for every piece you see there is probably between 5-10 that you can't see. I really like that Idaho will supply wild flower seeds too! Not only de-trashing but beautifying as well!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  8:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

If you would like information on this project, please email me and I will do the leg work for you. I am going to get the information for Idaho and approach some of the local farmgirls to see if they want to help out :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  6:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
bump

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirl Adopt-A-Highway! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page