Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 This is SO Good, Had to post..Red Pepper Chicken
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic This is SO Good, Had to post..Red Pepper Chicken Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  3:44:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm posting this, as I've had it the last three Tuesdays (dh has band practice, and wouldn't eat this if I made it for "us") and I'm telling you, it's the best. At the risk of sounding like a food obsessed woman, I couldn't wait to get home today and start cooking for myself!

2 tbs butter
2 tbs olive oil
2 red bell peppes, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
2 large cloves of garlic, chopped

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
all purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 dry white wine
2 tblsp. chopped fresh parsley
hand grated romano or parmesan
whole wheat penne

melt butter with oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add peppers and garlic and saute until tender. Using slotted spoon, transfer peppers to side bowl;

Season chicken with S&P. Sprinkle flour over chicken evenly. Add chicken to skillet,, and saute until brown, about 3 mins. per side. Transfer chicken to holding plate. Return peppers/garlic to skillet, add broth and wine. Increase heat to high. Bring to boil until liquid thickens to sauce consistency, scraping up brown bits about 5-7 mins. Return chicken to skillet, and cook until chicken is cooked through. Season with S & P, and toss with cooked whole wheat penne or pasta of your choice. Sprinkle with parsley, and grated cheese.

I cut this in half for me and take the other portion to lunch. For such a simple dish, the flavors are really complex and full bodied. Great use of those summer red peppers!!!!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Glory Be! this sounds sooooo good!!!! Thanks!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic This is SO Good, Had to post..Red Pepper Chicken Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page