Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Fun Find -- And Funnier Story!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fun Find -- And Funnier Story! Next Topic  

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  2:26:08 PM  Show Profile
This past Sunday, DH and I were hunting for things we could use for camping gear. There is a junk shop up near my parents house, the guy has people pay him to take away unsold "estates" then turns around and sells the stuff. Most of it is in boxes, stacked floor to ceiling, and you *really* have to be in the mood to dig.

So I'm there with DH who has his entire list of stuff he wants - and he's never been there before. I come home with cool stuff all of the time: leaded crystal chandelier drops, 1918 Fortune Telling Cards by Milton Bradley (that I believe may have been the pre-cursor to The Game of Life), cast iron skillets in all shapes/sizes/depths, an old wooden bakery pie-cooling rack got bought out from under me one time. All sorts of fun stuff. So this trip I found a *wooden darning egg!* I'm thrilled!!

Now here is where it gets funny. Y'all will love this... I held it up to DH and asked "Do you know what this is?" And he replied "Yeah, it's a wooden egg." (So yeah, I actually said this outloud to him...) "Gee, Einstein - I think we pretty much *ALL* had that one figured out by ourselves! I'll be more specific...do you know what the WOODEN EGG *IS*?" (...that's DH standing there with his mouth open catching flies before he says...) "Something you put under a wooden chicken?" Jeepers!

Sometimes I wonder about him...was the money we spent for him to get that Ph.D. really all that well spent???

Bruce Almighty: Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Vintage Redhead: Behing every succesful man is a FARMGIRL pinching pennies, maintaining a collective memory of the past, and keeping the lives or her family in order and on track!

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  3:07:00 PM  Show Profile
Sounds just like something my husband would come up with.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:30:56 PM  Show Profile
Kaylyn,
I love it. My dh sounds like yours. And he does it without cracking a smile!! I'd love to go to that junk shop. It sounds great.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:36:05 PM  Show Profile
LOL.. too funny.
Sounds like something a man would say.
Love to find a place like that around here.
just love digging around for forgotten goodies.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  6:10:15 PM  Show Profile
That is so cute. My DH would have said "How in the hay bales would I know what it is!Tracy from NC "From the tiny acorn grows the mighty oak". I just love that, been wanting to share it for awhile. Heard it somewhere recently.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  7:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My fiance said the same thing :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  7:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
How could these guys get along without us to guide them????? Women have such a broad base of knowledge when it comes to practical things...don't you just love it?

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Fun Find -- And Funnier Story! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page