Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Counted Cross Stitch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Counted Cross Stitch Next Topic  

juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  1:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone enjoy Counted Cross Stitch? I have done several projects and absolutely LOVE it. However, I run a daycare and have had three of my own childen in the last 5 years, so I haven't been able to get as much craft time in as I wish! Any ideas on quick projects that aren't migraine-inducing?

I would like to feel some accomplishment, but I don't think a huge project is in the books for quite some time~

Any suggestions or chat would be appreciated!

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  1:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Heather, its actually getting hard to even find cross stitch patterns, fabrics, etc., around here. Some of the more primitive designs that have a lot of straight line stitching would be your best bet. And you can order them, often directly from the pattern company. One that comes to mind is "Told in a Garden". Lots of Amish designs and very linear, not a lot of color changes. Another one is "Little House" needleworks. Also not a lot of color changes, some designs are quite small and they are primmy, country, really cute stuff, but not overly "cutesy".

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  1:40:31 PM  Show Profile
How about bookmarks? I found that I went through periods where I didn't want a big project, so I did something easy like bookmarks with names on them, or fun quotes, or simple border designs like the ones that they make up for towel borders...

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  2:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
there are so very many wonderful cross stitch books out there. I like the ones that have a set theme, ex: 101 mini houses, or, 25 cute verses for finger tip towels,,,you get the idea.
I buy aida cloth & embroidery floss when it's on sale & store every thing in various sized zip lock baggies.
I prepare "kits with a photo copy of a patteren/mini hoop/aida cloth & the floss' needed in an appropriate sized baggie, to have handy when I have some down time.
I also check out the clearence section in the needle work dept. of the craft store. I use my 40% off coupons to buy pre-made kits.
They are usually small and are projects that can be done in 1-2 sittings (a couple of hours).
Have fun stitiching.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  3:59:56 PM  Show Profile
There also alot of patterns available online!!

Lizzie Kate is one of my favorites
http://www.lizziekate.com/free.html

I love x-stitch it is my favorite hobby. My latest big project is on my blog. I need to get some pictures of my "to-go" project. I keep it in my car and work on it when I get a chance.

~~Bridge's Blog~~

Simply Stitches

Edited by - Bridge on Jun 05 2007 4:01:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:17:32 PM  Show Profile
Lesuire Arts is still printing some .
If you have a Michales , AcMoores or JoAnn's you can still find a few.
But, I agree they are getting few and far in between
Country cross stitch magazines are a Wall-mart, and I saw a few others there too that were Cross-stitch mag.
I am stitching one now with a Doll and it says. I love Dolls.
I got it at the Salvation Army Store for $1.00
Oh , and check the Goodwill stores too and yard sales .Sometimes you might get lucky. Pinkroses
Also do a yahoo check or google and look up counted cross stitch.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Counted Cross Stitch Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page