Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 40

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  08:54:24 AM  Show Profile
oh and michelle...heard about the eyeball...gross!!! I did that one time, and when i turned around and went to appologize...the people went ballistic on me for killing their dog...and their cat...who were chasing each other across a 2 lane highway! I got one with one wheel and one with the other! there were teeth all over the place! ick...from now i on if that ever happens to me again, i will keep on driving!
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  09:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Me too sister... I am going to keep on truckin'........... my husband said he would have gotten the he** out of there!
I just knew kids lived there and hated for them to see it, but never again. I thought to myself... what if they were mean!.... but they weren't thank God. If they had been I would have lost my cool I think.
I am NOT stopping again! I don't need to see an eyeball hanging or know the pet's name. I cannot take it. But that was my lesson learned... keep on going.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  12:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
OooooooMichelle....what an awful story....so why am I laughing, now? Sorry...what a way to ruin a day!

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  1:03:54 PM  Show Profile
You know, it was the 1st time I have run over a dog and I didn't know what to do... so when I went to the door and saw the lady in the wheel chair, I was like " Why me God? What have I done to deserve this? Not only do I run over a weenie dog, I feel compelled to stop and the elderly lady has to be in a wheel chair? Am I that bad of a person?" God must have a sense of humor, well when she was holding the mushed weenie with her bare hands and the eyeball was out of socket hanging over her arm, I cannot begin to tell you how crappy I felt ( not to mention nauseas). I just think if there is a next time I am better off not knowing what it looks like post running over or its name! I am not sure what would have been better, seeing her upset but sweet to me, or them being mean about it? But anyway, done beating myself up over it, next time I am going to keep on keepin' on! It is funny after the fact, what an odd situation!!! You know sometimes crazy stuff just happens. We need Susan to tell the story of the time we took our kids to the zoo..... it ended with a tiger and me and ALL the kids leaving her for dead!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  2:09:56 PM  Show Profile
what?!!!
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  3:24:25 PM  Show Profile
We were at the zoo looking at the Siberian Tigers through a glass, she had on the cutest little( I think red) beret (Sp) and they were looking at each other, in the eye . That thing jumped up the glass and she just stood there and the kids (all 5 of them) and I went running and screaming! We were loud too. It was scary and you should have seen her, that thing towered over her and she just stood there like "Oh My God" . It was so funny and horrible all at the same time. I am sure she could tell the story better. We all still get so tickled about it, how all the kids and I just left her for dead to be eaten by the big white tiger. Anyway, thats our tiger trying to hurt Susan story. I know she is busy with her Mom now but I wish she could have told it. I have a picture of that tiger somewhere, I should find it. It was right before the "incident" or maybe a better word is "abandonment".
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  3:28:04 PM  Show Profile
ha!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  4:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Poor Michelle!!

( See jess!! isn't that just the best damn story you've ever heard!)
eye ball lolling around on the old lady's arm in the wheel chair..

& the whole time Michelle keeps emailing me.. mortified.. all so fresh in her mind.. All the wretched details of it..
I felt SOOOO awful for her..
& i KNEW she was sitting there crying..
& ALL i could do was laugh my #ss off!!

I am so twisted & warped.. i don't know what happened to me..
But the whole big picture.. was like one REALLY bad Cartoon!

Michelle.. I love ya baby girl!

I'm soooo sorry..

God i'm awful.. i'm laughing so hard right now I'm crying & can't see the stupid keys to type!

deep breath.. ok.. better now..

Not!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  4:43:17 PM  Show Profile
oh Jess.. Sweet sweet Co-Host Jess..
Will you please put me down as finished Dear heart?

& May I Suggest something.. on the dates.. arrival.. maybe just say.. arrived 00/00/00..

That way your not going into the next line..

but of course thats your deal.. so do what ever you want.. YOUR GOING TO ANYWAY!!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  5:00:51 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smoothiejuice

quote:

1. Kathiearrived 00/00/00
2. Jess...smoothiejuice
3. Carol Sue...always cracking us uparrived 09/14/07
4. Sewgirlie...Sheryl-lyn
5. katmom arrived today 09/07/07
6. ktknits
7. yarnmammaarrived 09/14/07
8. Shirley
9.Michelle Marie...sportin' Kathie's green V's!arrived9/6/07
10. NotQuiteJuneCleaver aka TheSoapMaven...Susan...whatever!...black crinoline chica9/20/07
11. Cherylarrived today 09/07/07
12. 2nd apron string made by Jess and Kathie..for a special farmgirl who needs it
13. Bonne..the red haired apron making wonder!!arrived 09/13/07
14. Bev the Bee HAven Maven...hostess of ApronStock 2008!Bev's have arrived today.. 08/31/07
15. Georgann...yay!!!yay!!!yaya!!!!!yaya!! Better sew fast..that was gross!!!
16. cARMEN
17. we are making one set again for maryjane!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Sep 24 2007 10:03:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  5:02:19 PM  Show Profile
good enough kathie my dear!
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  5:07:34 PM  Show Profile
Naw, only cried once in the kitchen when I at first spoke out loud of that eyeball and the lady being in a wheelchair. After that it was kind of humorous in a sick way. The eyeball thing is what disturbed me, I am telling you. If I think about it to much I will not be able to eat! That image will be etched in my mind forever! My family is totally picking on me about it!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  5:39:25 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, I am so sorry but at the same time I can't stop laughing. I not only stop if I hit an animal. I stop if someone else hits an animal. Working at a hospital for almost 20yrs probably has something to do with it. I even keep pair of gloves in the car for just such cases. (I'm am obviously not a well person!)
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  6:21:07 PM  Show Profile
That reminds me of a time when I was on my way to work at 7 in the morning(I worked at ahosp tooo) I stoped to pick a freshy killed raccoon off the road because at that time I was into that kinda thing(ya know stuff it and sit it on the table)well I looked back at it in the pick up and it was moving around, so I went on to work and just left it in there(cause I wasnt going to touch it) It was dead by 3:30 when I got off. The raccoon spent about 4 years in my freezer waiting to be stuffed. it was wrapped with many layers of bags and stuff. My DH would come across this big frozen package and want to know what it was, so we just kinda worked around it. and then I had 2 deer skins in there to, someone gave me. So Cheryl ,yoou think your a not well person HA!
One day we decided it was probably freezer burned and threw it all out.ROFL
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  10:05:25 PM  Show Profile
oh that is kind of bizarre!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  12:10:52 AM  Show Profile
OH Michelle, laughing but ohhh how gross, I am afraid I would have delivered the dog and then promptly thrown up all over the elderely lady. I do not handle visuals well!!!!!
Miss Kathie, it got through your day girl, and you needed the good laugh.
We all have very interesting senses of humor!!!!!!
4 lonely minis, just mournfully sitting there waiting for there waistbands....poor things they want to join their buddies, but alas, not yet.
Mini tales.....

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  06:27:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh God Shirley..

I couldn't read that fast enough thinking.. "oh PLEASE tell me she WASN'T goiung to EAT IT!!"

( *YUCK TOOEY* )

Oh MICHELLE!!!!!
Guess what i found in the Mail today?????

YOUR Pkg Came!!!
Ok Grace.. I have to steal a few of yours on this one..
Michelle.. These are TRULY SPOOKTACULAR!! & Sugarlicios!

Ladies!! This Girl is giving us run for our Money this Time!!
SO Creative.. You better be careful there Or Stephanie is going to be trying to recruite you for one of her Artful Apron deals Kiddo!!!
Truly , truly soooo Adorable!!

Jess.. Hook her up with your special calender dealy.. PLEASE Pumpkin!! Thank you!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  06:39:03 AM  Show Profile
Good I am glad they made it, sounds like your post office is about like mine. I truly believe in delivery confirmation I was sad when I couldn't fit it all in one envelope and the second one was to thin for the delivery confirmation.
By the way Carol Sue, I didn't touch the dog, I knocked on the door and pointed to the road.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  10:10:06 AM  Show Profile
well, my son used to do trapping(catch wild muscrat,nuetrias,beaver,etc) to sell the hides, I went with him sometimes to check traps. I am used to that kina thing. and seeing taxidermists around here.we live on 10 acres and out in the country.It does sound kinda bizare when I read back. sorry for the shock.ROFL
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  10:21:11 AM  Show Profile
i thought something awful was going to happen with a 1/2 dead coon in the back of yer truck there sweetie! glad it finally met its maker!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  2:31:09 PM  Show Profile
Whhhhoooooosshhhh, Michelle, pointing, much better than the scene in my head.
CS

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  3:18:00 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I don't like animals THAT much... ha ha ha. I am a scary cat of many things. I am afraid I am to girly and have raised my girls to be that way to. I will get dirty but there is a limit to it.... ha ha
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  4:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Just peeking in! Moving my mom to a larger hospital tomorrow if all goes well. I will let you know. I have been in the road for days now...with no end in sight. I am so sorry to let you all down on this swap. My favorite holiday too!

Now if you really want to know who your friends are just get pounced by a tiger. After I got home and started reading about big cats, one of the first items was:"Never make eye contact for more than a second or two, they see it as aggression." No kidding. And I thought I was winning the staring contest!

Miss you all. Maybe I will be on a bit more soon.

http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  4:15:12 PM  Show Profile
By the way I am keep Charlotte to show you and the girls, Michelle. I think she passed over to Spider Hell (no WAY a black widow is going to Spider Heaven)today...but she is still worth a look. HUGE I tell you. You know I dont mind spiders most of the time...heck I kinda like Luigi (our tarantula).

http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  6:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Glad to see you for a few Susan, praying for ya.
Ohhhh Kathie....my little minis and now been reunited with the others that were done. They are happily playing together. Can't imagine what a party they are having in that envelope before I mail it. LOL
Hope to mail on Monday.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page