Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 40

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  3:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Got it. Sending out my dolly apron sawps Friday. Then, it's off to the machine to finish these!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  3:27:16 PM  Show Profile
Well there little Missy..
I reckon we should say the are closed now then..
If'n we are going to have everyone do a Mini for the entire group.. (Unless of course the majority is cool with allowing for an add on..)
I say we are good with our 15 NOW then..
Although I still haven't heard that everyone is good with doing more then the original 10 that we agreed upon.. but hey.. whats 5 more???

So.. Mini Apron Swap Sign up will officaily be closed unless i hear from the group otherwise!

& we are each making 16...
15 for the swap.. & one to forward on to Mary Jane..

Cool?

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 13 2007 3:27:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  3:30:26 PM  Show Profile
sounds fine to me.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile
yep, i am good with whatever you say

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Jun 13 2007 3:37:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  6:48:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow.. so much agreement.. why can't it always be so easy?
Now if I could only get have as much at home!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  6:56:54 PM  Show Profile
I am fine with 15 plus one for MJ. I made one last night using my embroidery machine. Put a little vintage-looking flower on it. It was so cute. I gave it to a friend at work since I always make her the guinea pig when I try new things. She loved it.

My big-girl hands have a hard time with these little things, but I think I have a good size figured out and the little bias binding looks cute (when it sews on correctly!!--it's thin!). These will be fun!

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  7:35:53 PM  Show Profile
15 + 1 it is! I made a cardboard pattern today, and will try the first one tonight - I think it's going to be very cute!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  7:36:40 PM  Show Profile
oh, this will be fun!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  02:04:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm up for it, I am in the same boat with Michelle Marie with allergies. Gosh I hope it stops soon for you girlfriend.
Looking forward to this, later, Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  07:11:55 AM  Show Profile
Nope, I still have it!!! I just cannot get to sewing right now with it. I am guessing maybe this weekend. I went and visited the soapmaven yesterday, while hubby was golfing, and she taught me to embroider a little and I have been sitting on the couch doing that. My throat and ears were killing me with it yesterday now today I just feel icky. I am WAITING for my allergy shots to kick in. I am sick of living like this. Anyway, my hubby is taking the girls and I to the city tomorrow to see the new Nancy Drew Movie. Maybe we will go by Hobby Lobby and then I can be motivated to sew on Saturday. I will get it done though, probably try to take an entire day to do nothing but those. I am excited about it --- the mini aprons and being able to breathe again!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  5:30:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh!! a Hobby Lobby by you too!!!
Lucky Michelle!! We don't have them here by me!

I do hope your feeling better.. My little Kiddo!!
Just so you all know.. I haven't even STARTED on my Mini's yet!!!
So we're all about the same i think..
Except someone.. Was nearly done i think.. who was it?
Carol was that you ? That was thinking our dead line was the 15th of THIS month honey & you were doing a mad scramble with you additional 5 ? I just had to laugh when she had emailed me that & i read it this morning.. Poor baby..!
Can you imagine what she must have been mumbleing about ME when she read an ADDITIONAL FIVE!! FOR THIS 15TH !!???!!
I'm so sorry to give you a scare like that Pumpkin! You can slow down & put your feet up for a couple weeks i'd say now!!

Our Friendly Deadline is for JULY 15..
Take your time Ladies!!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  10:47:07 PM  Show Profile
oh duh!!!! that was me, panicking, thinking I had a major brain fart, that's why I had sent you that panicky email, didn't want ya to think I was a flak.....ok, I am good now, had a lemondrop martini, all is well with the world!!!LOL!
I will finish sewing my aprons this week end. whew,
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  06:20:04 AM  Show Profile
Our Hobby Lobby's fabric wasn't great. They are trying to clear out the old to get new, thats what they say. I have to drive an hour and a half to get there. While we were there I went to the allergist-------- sinus infection!! She ( I went to the other allergist as mine was gone for the weekend) put me on a z-pack and told me to irrigate my sinus this morning--yuck. I haven't done it yet and I am not looking forward to it. Putting it off actually. So maybe, just maybe, I can get started on my itty bitty aprons at some point! I am still going to do my best to be early about it!! By the way, the Nancy Drew movie was cute, her outfits were adorable and I need a Roadster!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  07:17:26 AM  Show Profile
OH!! GRACE!! That was you wasn't it!! That's right!!
too funny.. ok good!!
I didn't get MY Martini!! where the heck was I at??
Always in the wrong place ain't I???

Michelle.. You didn't see that Cowgirl Fabric that Elizabeth had found at her Hobby Lobby then?
everyone talks about that store..
My Mom even has one by her in Illinois.. but ever once in a while she gets mad at them & does her little personal "Phyliss Boycot"..
she does that with just about everystore that she goes to though.. Funny old lady..

Hope your feeling better Kiddo!!!

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 16 2007 07:17:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  3:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Nope, sure wasn't me getting those mini aprons done yet. At present working on tea towel to finish it. Having way too much fun.
Grace with moving how in the world are you getting those aprons done!!!!
Michelle, hope you get rid of the infection soon. Don't ya hate sinus rinses, and then the fact that they work, ugh.
Been doing the same for a week. It is working.
Hope to start the mini's in the next week.
Have a great day gals. Later, Carol Sue

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  4:07:22 PM  Show Profile
ok.. now i know soem of you have REALLY questioned a few things about me.. & this just may nail it for you.. i REALLY have nose issues.. i will spare you the details.. but i LOVE to irrigate..
something so soothing about this..
It's like .. takes me to an out of body experience or something..
I want a COMPLETE empty nose..
I know that rght now you've taken a step back.. it's ok.. i know how NOT normal this is.. But i love it!! I have had bloody noses my entire life.. I KNOW how obsessed this is.. remember the vicks vapor stick? yeah.. since I was like 6 years old.. ok.. i'm sure i have some serious damage going on there.. but there's nothing better then soothing salty Saline water running through my sinuses!!

Alright..that's enough.no more laughing..it's my birthday damn it!
I'll allow one snicker & a giggle each.. then check it Girls!

Love ya!

Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  4:35:35 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday............ and yes you may be nuts for liking the sinus rinse (wink). It was a little soothing. And I felt better for all of a moment and my nose was stuffed up AGAIN!! My husband thinks I should do it again tonight. I have often said when my sinus were icky I wish I could take my nose off, wash it, and put it back on. I think the sinus rinse is the same thing only you don't have to take it off. My husband did it too, he loved it. He thought it was the neatest thing. I must admit it grossed me out a little. I have done everything but aprons today when I needed to just lay around. Mom and I went and got peaches from a peach farm. I put them up in the freezer, well I was disappointed because a BUNCH of the peaches on the bottom of the box were rotten. I won't get started on that one. Made cinnamon rolls with my bread machine for my Dad and made that good beer bread like you get at salt grass. I am so done and so tired........ and I have a messy house. So I guess I should not even be on here. On the bright side I think we are going to put some shelves up this week and fix up my sewing corner. Right now I have to take everything out and lay it all over the dining table and I think thats why I cannot get myself to the point to start anything. Well, I am going to go take a hot bath and get ready for bed early. Kathie, I will think of you next time I rinse my nose! ha ha
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  7:11:40 PM  Show Profile
From mini apron dimensions of 3 X 5 to nose rinsing.....how did we ever make that switch?? Hahahhaha

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  12:47:12 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, your such a goober,(translation*pea-nut),, giggle giggle,,,, I am a little worried about you, Vick's Stix & nasal irrigation,,,,me thinks ya really do need to get a New hobby!! LOL!!! or at least a martini!,,more hahaha's....
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  02:24:11 AM  Show Profile
I worked on mini aprons while talking to my husband while he ironed clothes Gotta love a man that irons!! Got them all cut out and the bands pinned on ready to stitch and embellish.

Has anyone seen the tiny clothes pins anywhere? I want to hang them up to take a picture

Peace,
Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  08:58:56 AM  Show Profile
Check at Michaels, Stephanie, they are all over the place there.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile
hey Steph,
yep, Michaels has those mini clothpins. I bought a little tray of them. 4 designs, bees/ladybugs/sunflowers & daisys. I think it was $4.95, but I never pay full price, I use my 40% off coupons....
by: Lara's Crafts, item # 349204
72 pieces
"Creative Shapes Mini Clothes Pins-Garden
you can look up www.larascrafts.com to see more of their inventory.
Hope this helps.
Oh & you can always buy the little plastic pastels colored ones in the party supplies stores, they are usually used for decoration for baby showers & come about 12 to a package for around $1.00 +/-
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  1:45:59 PM  Show Profile
I was actually working on these when I should be finishing my red/white/blue quilt squares which are to be in the mail by June 30!! It has been fun making little things. I did some decorating on them and will cut them and put the binding on this week sometime. I cannot wait to see them all. I am planning to string mine along my hoosier!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  2:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Okay Kathie, you made me laugh really hard. I shall take your attitude and enjoy doing those sinus rinses.
Got the tea towel done and now am figuring out what in the world I am doing for the mini aprons.
You all have a great day.
Carol Sue

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  11:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jessica and Grace...I'll look at the different clothes pins you have mentioned....I wouldn't have thought of a party supply store...

I figured I would need extra mini's for this and that so I've got 18 finished except for adding some extra embellishments

This has been so much fun....

Jessica, your doll apron has not been forgotten!..LOL...I got started on the mini's and couldn't stop...

Peace, Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page