Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Mary Jane coming to Spokane!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mary Jane coming to Spokane! Next Topic  

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  2:08:45 PM  Show Profile
I just read in The Inlander that Mary Jane will be at Auntie's Book Store on Tuesday, June 5 (2007) at 7:30 PM. Says she will read from the Stitchin Book. Anyone in the Spokane area going to be there? I'll be there - can't miss this one! If anyone wants to, we could meet for coffee or dinner beforehand. Looking forward to this!

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  6:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Judith,
you are sooooo lucky, I was suppose to fly up Fri 6/8, but we sort of hit a glitch in the road so I will have to cancel & reschedule my trip for a later date.....did I mention I hate my job!?!, actually I don't really hate it, but sometimes the men I work with are, let's just say, "are very challenging"....
Be sure to take pictures & post for us who can't make it....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 03 2007 6:18:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  6:28:12 PM  Show Profile
Grace, well, the lucky thing is that Moscow is pretty close to Spokane, so when you DO get moved up here, there are more opportunities to meet MJ in person. You'll make it, Lass - do you have an actual move date yet? See you soon! Judy

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  6:45:00 PM  Show Profile
Our move out date is July 22,,,we'll be homeless & living in our motohome w/4 cats & 1 litter box...
We had planned to be up this weekend,,,,but once again work got in the way of life...I will be glad when I get retired (7/13)....

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 03 2007 6:46:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  9:12:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Grace. Boo hoo on the extra wait time. :( You'll get here, and then it will be worth it. :) I'd love to hear MaryJane read her stories, that would be so very fun. Don't know if I can do Tuesday, I'll have to get creative with my schedule... I'll give it a shot though. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  9:45:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, Michelle, if you DO make it, I'll be wearing a denim skirt and an apron, of course :-) Hope to see you there! Judy

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  06:50:42 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I think our move out date (from Minnesota) was) July 22. Small world. We were also homeless before we moved to Colville (about 70 miles north of Spokane) and we didn't have a motorhome and only one cat and a dog! We did find a cute solar powered cabin on top of a ridge with a glorious views of the mountains. We had a wonderful adventure there. We almost lost our cat at a rest stop. There was no room in the car for Shelly to use her litter box in the station wagon so she would have to wait until we were at a motel. We attempted one time to put her on a leash with a harness and stop at a rest stop. Jim gave me the dog's leash while he went to the restrooms. The dog was pulling one arm to try to follow him , the cat was pulling on the other arm to try to get under the nearest cover. While she was pulling she managed to slip out of her harness! I lunged for her and got her by the tail before she ran off. The woman we rented the cabin from said on her way to Washington her cat ran off at a rest stop and she had to wait 8 hours before it returned! Life with cats. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  08:32:50 AM  Show Profile
boy o boy- life with cats is always an adventure....they manage to find hiding spots I never knew existed... >^..^<
I am still dealing with "certain people" here at work about getting this weekend off to fly up to Wash. If they continue to denie it then they (Dept.) will have to re-emburse me for my cancellation fees....I am working on 1 last major project, and I have every confidence will be completed on time. But the powers to be are getting a little goofy, I think they are worried that since I am just a little over a month away from retiring (short timer) that I'll bail on them and leave this project for them to have to finish. I don't do things like that, my word is my word, but others have, so they are comparing me to past employees. So that being said, I won't know for sure till Wednesday if I am flying up on Friday. Keep your fingers & eyes crossed for me!
Happy Monday....

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I won't make it this time. You gals have a good ol' time. I'll have to get out my signed copy and imagine you all having a good visit.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
Shoot! I wish I had seen your post sooner. I did see something in yesterday's Spokesman Review. Would love to come over with my apron on and meet you and get my book signed. Maybe next time?

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh, you two Girls! I'm sorry you wont' make it. I don't know who I'll see, but I know I'll see the Queen Bee! And I'll get a new book or two...Judy

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  9:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Well, I went, I saw, I got my book and got it signed! Mary Jane and Carol were here - still are, as I type, they are staying overnight at The Davenport Hotel, and HuckleberryWine - you were missed - they brought some of your Dandelion Wine and will sip it this evening along with munching on some chocolate (maybe while MJ plays with the remote control tv - they don't have that on the farm, ya know!). I was very happy to run into Julia Hayes and her (new) 6-month old little Farmgirl, Rhiannon (I know I spelled it wrong...) who is adorable. Julia looks radiant, and be sure to catch the picture of her on her John Deere tractor in the Stitchin book - in some "unusual" Farmgirl clothes...Also met new Farmgirl CarolSue who has been at the Farm for two weeks, and I am sorry to say I forgot her friend's name...both were wearing darling vintage aprons. CarolSue made hers from a card table tablecoth that was her grandma's - too cute! AND Sunshine! - Mary Jane was wearing a scarf that you made - I couldn't tell if it was crocheted or tatted, but it was beautiful and she acknowledged all of your beautiful handwork. I must apologize that I left my camera at home, so no pictures...I'm not so good as others about getting them, uploading them and then linking to them...
Of course, if you get the chance to meet Mary Jane, you will...it is just like visiting with an old friend when you do. A lovely, lovely person who has evolved this wonderful community of like-minded and very different people called Farm Girls! Thank you, Mary Jane, and all your helpers! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  11:04:34 PM  Show Profile
I did bring my camera...don't leave home without it! So I got a couple of photos. They are posted on my blog. Don't like the one of me...but what can I say? I am just not very photogenic. But MaryJane is. I did not get to get a picture of Carol. Bummer!
My friend, Karen, and I are both glad we went. Check out my blog for the photos and comments.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  11:38:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,
It was great fun to meet you and the person with me believe it or not, was my daughter. It was great fun getting to go. Thank you so much for posting it. Can't wait to go look at pictures, thanks Pamela,
Later, Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  07:29:21 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear that you had a great time...what else could you have done! I can just imagine all the great smiles and visits. :) It is always so good to get together.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  08:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How fun ladies!

I wish I would have had time to stay up in Spokane yesterday. If it had been any other week I would have been up there to meet you all. Maybe next time! It looks like it was a good turn out and lots of fun for you who did get to go!

Hugs

Alee
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  09:25:01 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, I cannot believe that she is your daughter! I thought she was your slightly younger friend (and it seems she IS your friend, too)...great to meet you both!
Pamela, thanks so much for bringing the camera...even though I have a digital, I am still a technotard and it is a real process for me to upload piccies. I hope Sunshine gets to look at the photo of Mary Jane wearing her scarf. Oh, and Pamela, I have to say, you look mah-va-lous in both pictures - at the Past Blessings show too. You remind me of my friend Janice who lives in Boise - any relations down that way? And I just love the woodwork that your DH does - sooo cool!
Alee and Michelle - next time!!! Have a good day! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  10:21:58 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
So glad you had a good time. Will check out Pamela's blog to see photos.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  10:29:58 PM  Show Profile
That just sounds and looks like it was SO much fun!!! I'm glad you all had the opportunity to go and meet/see MaryJane. Isn't she wonderful? I tell ya' - I think something sort of "magical" happens when farmgirls get together!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  11:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy,
My daugther and I get that a lot. I am 50 and she is 27. She is my friend and we do have fun together. She lives 5 mobiles down from my dh and I. It is nice to have family so close. Makes my heart glad. So did getting to go.
Guess what, she signed up Tuesday night after going to hear Mj with Farmgirl Connection. She said it was nice to have a positive friendly place to go.
Later, Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  09:35:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
It was SO nice seeing everyone at Aunties - MaryJane and I both had a blast. And Carol Sue, Judy Blue Eyes is right - I would have NEVER guessed that was your daughter with you - I wouldn't have guessed that you were a day over 30. Honest. Getting to know Julia's baby, Rianna, was so fun, and after all her snuggling, I fell asleep that night dreaming up babies!

We had dinner at the Davenport after Aunties and our lovely waitress was kind enough to open our dandelion wine so that we could have some with our meal. It was wonderful! Lovely, white, fragrant, not too sweet, and very refreshing! Thank you Michelle! And thank you all for coming and supporting us!

Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  3:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
yes that is one of the scarfs I made it was crocheted with vintage threads as was all the ones I made for MJ except for the one I knitted that was modern fancy scarf yarn. It looks lovely as a neck scarf too. It can also be worn in the hair or just use as a piece of handmade lace on a clothing item. the one she is wearing is pattern B from my site vintagethreads.com also all of hers are all the 80 inch length.

Pamela is it ok that I copy your photo and put it on vintage threads I won't do it unless you say it is ok. I would like to show it be worn as a neck scarf.

Mary Jane looks quiet lovely in the photo quiet a lady in appearance. One of these days I am going to get to meet MJ and Carol but probably not in the near future. If you ever come Utah way you have an open invite Mj to stay at my home. I am so glad all of you ladies had fun. Take care
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 07 2007 4:00:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  4:25:52 PM  Show Profile
:) Carol, I'm so glad you enjoyed the wine. I can't tell you how very much that makes me happy. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to slower paced days ahead and good visits with friends. Treasures!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mary Jane coming to Spokane! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page