Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Starting a FG Chapter Need Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Starting a FG Chapter Need Help Next Topic  

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  2:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Ok Farmgirls, I am starting my own FamrGirl Chapter, all the people in this group are basically family. Where and How do I start? I got the Package from Libbie, with our certificates, I am making invites and sending them out, but what should they say on them? I am sucha dork, I cant think of anything creative, What should we do first? Any advice is MUCH appreciated!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  3:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there, Amanda! One of the things that I just LOVE to put on farmgirl things is the definition of "farmgirl" - here you go: "A farmgirl believes in the strong arms of friendship, community and the just plain fun of being together. A farmgirl takes joy in the quiet satisfaction of making things with her own hands. She exudes kindness, grace, humility, gentleness, patience and generosity, and loves the simple pleasures in life. A farmgirl is loyal and caring, especially when it comes to her family, friends and community. She gives generously of her time and talents. Farmgirls love to get together to share their ideas. She can be with or without fields and stock. Farmgirl is a condition of the heart." And then you could ask them to join you for a potluck picnic, maybe?

Your Chapter will be so much fun!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  3:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Amanda, I had some of my family and friends over for a fingerfood fellowship and told them about MJF. Our little chapter is more like a homemaker club(anyone remember them) , after our hen party, word of mouth from the gals helped increased our numbers. But then again, I have a LARGE family, we did have 6 gals ask about coming to our hen parties. As I always say, the more the merrier. Good luck, and Iknow you will do just fine.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

joyb
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Joy
Brentwood CA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Amanda, I'm just starting a chapter also. We've had one meeting so far - only myself and 2 other girls. But those girls have daughters and friends, as do I, and our next meeting will most likely have between 7 and 10! Before the meeting I sat down and made a list of things to discuss and then after the meeting I sent an informational e-mail to the attendees and everyone else who had expressed an interest. Here is what we discussed - you can use this as a springboard if you like and if you come up with anything else please let me know too: Meeting frequency will be monthly, rotating from house to house, volunteer or not as you wish. We were divided on the issue of dues, tabled for future discussion. We will limit our membership because we don't want cliques to form but we don't know the limit yet, we'll figure that out as we go. We will communicate via a phone list, e-mail list and we'll have an informational website also. Someone will keep minutes at each meeting ( necessary because we're all in various stages of OLD) but we won't be using Robert's Rules of Order or anything else really formal. Our meeting agendas at this point consist mostly of sharing any current projects, new or old recipes, etc., etc. but we did decide that we'd like to have a community service project as a group. We'd like it to have something to do with feeding people so if anyone out there has a suggestion please let me know. We will also have group activities, probably on a quarterly or semi-annually basis such as pot-luck picnic, wine train trip, garden show, etc. also to be decided as we go along.
While I didn't want this to be really rigid, we all agreed that it should have some structure, and we'll just build it as we go. I hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck and let me know how it works for you!

-Joy B.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  12:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone, with the swaps and kids being off of school everyone is so busy. I amthinking since everyone is so busy I will just be a onewoman FarmGirl group,lol. I have been making jam and doing the doll swaps. I have been emroidering alot. I just finished a RedWork SunBonnet Sue, that took forever. So for now its gonna be just me : )

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

joyb
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Joy
Brentwood CA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  07:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Amanda - we are not so far apart. If you'd like, I will include you in our e-mail list. And you're always welcome to come meet our group or maybe we'll make a trip to you! Our next meeting is tonight at 7:00 (short notice, I know. Just click on my name to e-mail be back. I hope to hear from you soon!

- Joy B.
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Starting a FG Chapter Need Help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page