Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 KENTUCKY FARMGIRL CHAPTER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic KENTUCKY FARMGIRL CHAPTER Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  10:14:57 PM  Show Profile
any of you kentucky farmgirls out there interested in creating a fun 'kentucky farmgirl chapter'? i live smack dab in the middle of the state (Green County) and would love to have us all gather once a month (or every other month if we have far to travel). we could all meet here at Cabin Creek Farm .. or we could do a 'travellin' chapter .. visiting in each member's area.

let me know HERE under this heading ... and by E-MAIL if you'd like to join .. if we get about half dozen of us .. i'll contact the 'farm' and see what we have to do to become 'official'.

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  04:10:13 AM  Show Profile
I would love to. I am about 2 and one half hours from Louisville, how far does that make me from you Frannie?
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://thebackfence.etsy.com
http://kathy-whimsicaldays.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  07:42:09 AM  Show Profile
depends on the direction!! i am one hour south of the Louisville airport. which direction are you?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  07:43:37 AM  Show Profile
oh .. i just noticed Russellville .. isn't that 'south'? if so .. i think you are only about an hour at the most from Green County. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  07:48:30 AM  Show Profile
AND ... see if you can't conjure up a friend or two to come along with you .. there are lots of 'farmgirls' out there that still don't know about us .. but we can spread the word! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  12:15:56 PM  Show Profile
I am technically in a chapter but ours has basically disbanded due to health reasons and lack of communication. I would be interested in joining a KY one!

check out my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  11:47:16 AM  Show Profile
I just saw this...I would really like to do that. I'm in the northern part of the state, but we're probably about 2 hours from you, Frannie. No biggee. We get down that way 4 or 5 times a year anyway, what's one more?! And for a good reason!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  12:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'd love to do this, too. But due to working on the farmhouse every weekend right now, I don't think I could go anywhere but Irvington at least until fall. Darn! :(

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  8:53:40 PM  Show Profile
well gurlfrenz .. when i get through our 'art in the alley' festivities this coming weekend .. i'll try and conjure up a 'gathering' here for anyone who might be interested in a KENTUCKY FARMGIRL CHAPTER. I'll probably have it sometime during the week of June 22 - 26 .. cuz' honey hunk will be on his Bike Virginia ride that week.

I'm free anyday .. what are best for your girls that might trooooooly be able to come spend the day?

i am smack-dab in the MIDDLE of the state of Kentucky. an hour south of Louisville .. GREEN COUNTY .. only ten miles from Hodgenville .. where Abraham Lincoln was born. Elizabethtown is about 30 miles north of me.

It's Elizabethtown .. then Hodgenville .. the CABIN CREEK FARM .. ten miles BEFORE you get to GREENSBURG .. on ROUTE 61.

it's ten miles west of campbellsville if you are comin' that way!

i'll choose a date in a day or two and post it .. and we'll see if a few of us can make it. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  07:58:34 AM  Show Profile
That would be great, Frannie! My work schedule is pretty crazy but I'd love to squeeze something in if at all possible!

check out my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  04:27:09 AM  Show Profile
how great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wont be able to join right now cause of my work schedule :(
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  07:17:00 AM  Show Profile
BUMP: gurlz .. i don't think i can do a 'formal' farmgirls chapter .. my life jus' runs in too many directions to take on anything in life that is 'regular' meetings and such .. BUT .. i would love to hostess a gathering here at Freedom Valley Farm for the KENTUCKY gurlfrenz (and anyone else from 'off' who would like to join us for a fun WEEKEND).

I plan on doing a larger 'gurlfrenz' gathering this winter (been waiting on a date when honey hunk will be ventureing towards the SOUTH POLE .. but he is finding it difficult to get on a trip THIS winter .. sooooooooo .. i might just send him WINTER CAMPING or ICE FISHING somewhere cold! I'll be posting a weekend date soon (for AFTER CHRISTMAS of course!) probably sometime in JANUARY ... sooooooo .. if you are a 'farmgirl' and would like to join us for lots of fun .. let me know .. and i'll start figuring out a fun 'plan' of stuff for us to all do! You can post here .. but pleeeeeeeeeeeze E-MAIL me if you think you can get away sometime mid-January for a weekend with the farmgurlz! xo, frannie

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,

That sounds like fun! I usually like to take a little trip in January, that's when cabin fever starts with me. My hubby would probably want to come as well, but I'm sure he can find something to do there locally to keep him occupied. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  6:57:06 PM  Show Profile
back from toledo where i hugged and kissed and snuggled those 'grandes' all during the thanksgiving holiday! oh lordy! what 'sweet-ums'!!!

today i spent ALL DAY christmas shopping .. have a VAN-FULL of treasures .. gonna' be spending much of sunday wrapping gifts! tomorrow is our town christmas parade and festivities!

i'm heading for maryland/virginia/delaware/d.c. early january! but i WILL come up with a fun 'gathering' weekend date for us farmgurlz soon! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  2:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message

Frannie,

I would love to spend some time at Cabin Creek Farm.
Ange will be at Purdue until Jan. 22 (her last day of Vet school, Thank God!) but hey I dont have to wait until she is in Greensburg before I come, right? Count me in, if my schedule will allow, I for sure want to be there. I am excited!

Joy

quote:
Originally posted by CabinCreek-Kentucky

back from toledo where i hugged and kissed and snuggled those 'grandes' all during the thanksgiving holiday! oh lordy! what 'sweet-ums'!!!

today i spent ALL DAY christmas shopping .. have a VAN-FULL of treasures .. gonna' be spending much of sunday wrapping gifts! tomorrow is our town christmas parade and festivities!

i'm heading for maryland/virginia/delaware/d.c. early january! but i WILL come up with a fun 'gathering' weekend date for us farmgurlz soon! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

Appalachian Girl Jem
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  6:10:02 PM  Show Profile
miss joy .. you are sure welcome here anytime! i do have a trip 'back east' planned january 5 - 13 .. and of course, we'll be travelling to toledo for christmas with the kids december 22 - 27. but .. i do believe we'll be here t'other than those dates! jus' let me know and i'll plan a fun day for us! i'm hoping to have the 'city gurlfrenz and country gurlfrenz' here sometime late january.

(hank is also conjuring up a trip to israel for us this winter maybe .. depends on what's available that is still safe!)

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic KENTUCKY FARMGIRL CHAPTER Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page