Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Any Seattle/Western WA farmgirl chapters?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Any Seattle/Western WA farmgirl chapters? Next Topic  

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  07:02:56 AM  Show Profile
My family is relocating to Seattle in three weeks and I wanted to know if there are any farmgirls in or around the Seattle area? If so, I would love to start a chapter!

Lydia

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lydia -- a big welcome to WA State. I live in SW WA near Vancouver and we have a chapter but I'm not sure if there's anyone in Seattle. So just email CindyLou and start your own!!!

Where are you moving from?

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  1:07:22 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I and our two daughters are moving from St. Paul, Minnesota. We're leaving here for WA on August 2nd and will be living in the Ballard area of Seattle. I'm so excited to move to WA, I love it there. I've seen only Seattle, Anacortes, and Friday Harbor but I look forward to seeing a whole lot more of WA, especially with being close to the ocean and mountains. No offense to anyone who lives in MN, but I will be glad to get the heck outta here!
Lydia
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  1:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Lydia, you will be only a couple miles from where my daughter lives in Magnolia @ Discovery Park military housing. Maybe we can meet for coffee/tea or lunch sometime when I come to visit! Welcome to WA!!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

Edited by - Clare on Jul 06 2005 1:33:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

crazymoose
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Caryn
Auburn WA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  5:08:46 PM  Show Profile
I'm in Enumclaw, it is about an hours drive from Seattle. Southeast, on the plateau, 57 miles to Sunrise in Mount Rainier National Park.
Go to Top of Page

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  6:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Wow, thanks to all of you!
Clare I would love to meet you, I will privately email you my contact info so we can get together the next time you are in the area. We will be arriving in Seattle on August 5th, provided everything goes well and the cats do okay.

Crazymoose-Maybe if I'm in the area we could also meet for tea or something. I'm looking forward to seeing Mount Rainier up close.
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  7:28:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lydia, I live in Sedro Woolley, Wa. the gateway to the North Cascades. I have lived in Washington for 5 years now and am always discovering something new. I hope you enjoy your new home.....
Go to Top of Page

Finch-Thistle
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Randi
Ruston LA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2005 :  7:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Looking for a farmgirl chapter in Ruston, LA if anyone knows of any. I don't really have friends interested in gardening. Thanks Randi
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2005 :  09:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Lydia:
I'd like to meet up with you also. I'm in Woodinville (NE of Seattle). Depending on traffic I can get into Seattle in 40+ minutes. We have a boat at Elliot Bay Marina, very close to Ballard.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2005 :  1:42:58 PM  Show Profile
I have a friend who just moved from Minneapolis back to Woodinville, where her parents are.

You have a boat? What kind? My husband said he would like to buy an old tugboat and make it livable, then convert the engine to run on fryer grease...

We'll be in Seattle hopefully on August 5th, so as soon as things are settled I would love to meet up with you.

Edited by - Lydia on Jul 14 2005 1:45:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  12:11:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lydia
I live in the Spanaway/ Eatonville/ Roy area of Washington. Nice to have you with us

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2005 :  01:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Welcome,Lydia.I know you will like living in Washington State. We get a bad rap about all the rain here, but that is exactly why it is so lush and green and beautiful. We lived in Wyoming for many years so I know about midwest winters. I'll take rain thank you.
I live about an hour south of Seattle, and all 3 of my daughters live in Tacoma, so I spend a lot of time there. When you get settled we can meet for lunch. I can show you some of the great shops in Seattle,etc.
Also, my daughter and I are starting a local MJF Farm Girl chapter here soon, you and anyone else out there who lives nearby are welcomed to join. Even if we only get together once a month or every other month, it will be more fun that a barrel of compost overturned by monkeys
Go to Top of Page

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  5:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up with all the posts, but I've been packing up the house because we leave for Seattle a week from tomorrow...Hooray! It hasn't hit me yet that we are about to be on our way, though most of our belongings are packed up and we've had our going away party. Maybe it will hit me once the truck is loaded up and we are on our way with the kids, cats, and pots full of plants.

FFF, I would love to join your chapter once I get out to Seattle, in fact, I'm looking forward to it. My husband and I have been looking at land on Ebay and although that is a long way off I get so excited just thinking about a space of our own.
Go to Top of Page

NancyM
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Nancy
Fall City WA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  2:26:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lydia (and everyone)-
I hope you had a great trip out and are getting settled. Welcome to Washington! Not many farms in Ballard but there are some great farmers markets in Seattle.

I would also be interested in joining a Western Washington chapter Fabulous Farm Femmes-keep us posted!
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

teresa
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

teresa
marysville wa
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  07:55:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Lydia

My family is relocating to Seattle in three weeks and I wanted to know if there are any farmgirls in or around the Seattle area? If so, I would love to start a chapter!

Lydia

The best is yet to come!
Go to Top of Page

teresa
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

teresa
marysville wa
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  07:57:07 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Lydia

Go to Top of Page

teresa
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

teresa
marysville wa
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  08:00:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm from Marysville Wa...welcome to our beautiful state! You must visit Snohomish when you get settled. It is the antique capitol of the Northwest. Also worth the drive is Laconner. Both are N of Seattle...about 45 minutes for Sno, and 1.5 hr to Laconner. Anything north of Seattle will be beautiful and the further you go the more country it becomes. Lots if people relocating to this area according to our realitor. And I want to move to the midwest!! Ha! I'd like to join a Farmgirl chapter as well but am not sure what it is. Good luck with the move.

The best is yet to come!
Go to Top of Page

The Pinup Cowgirl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Holly
Tacoma WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  08:10:16 AM  Show Profile
I just thought that I would bring up the topic again, because mom and I were talking the other day about not knowing if there was anyone interested in starting a chapter here. I guess she forgot the postings here!!
Let's make a list to get the thing started eh?
Fabulous Farm Femmes
The Pinup Cowgirl
Lydia
crazymoose
NancyM

There seemed like there were more women in the surrounding area. Would anyone else be interested in starting up a chapter who's in the area?

"We can do no great things; only small things with great love."
-Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  1:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I'm not far from Portland...how far away am I from you? I would love to join a chapter.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  12:12:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
We are about 2 hours North from Portland. You are of course invited if you want to make the drive.We Washington Farm Girls seem to be pretty spread out, and I am thinking maybe for the first meeting we could find a central location like a restaraunt with group room we could use...Any ideas??
Go to Top of Page

beancounter
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Sue
Mount Vernon Washington
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  8:19:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Lydia

Go to Top of Page

beancounter
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Sue
Mount Vernon Washington
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  8:20:34 PM  Show Profile
Lydia

We have started a new chapter in Skagit County which is about 60 miles north fo Seattle - we are known as the Cascade Farm Girls. We welcome anyone to our new group!!
Go to Top of Page

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  6:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the offer but I think that it may be a little too far to drive at this time.

Lydia

"Life is a daring adventure, or nothing" - Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Any Seattle/Western WA farmgirl chapters? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page