Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Complete Moisture Plus for contact lens - Recall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Complete Moisture Plus for contact lens - Recall Next Topic  

Reepicheep
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  8:47:02 PM  Show Profile
http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01641.html

I just saw this briefly mentioned on our local news and looked up the above link online for more info. Wouldn't it figure this is the brand dh and I use and we just bought 4 bottles of it last night! We have a couple more that haven't even been opened in the cabinet, but I no longer have the receipt or packaging so I can't return them to Sam's for a refund. *sigh*

http://naturalpaths.blogspot.com/

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  10:27:13 PM  Show Profile
Yikes! Thanks for posting the info, thankfully dh and dd don't use this brand!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  11:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for letting us know, Reepicheep! Very scary when anything we put in our eyes or on stuff that goes in our eys has recalls!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  05:32:53 AM  Show Profile
This is the one I used a few years back (because it's what the optometrist gave me with my new contacts) and it caused a fungal infection. I was in and out of the eye doctor about 5 times before they recalled the stuff. VERY frustrating, and very painful..it creates what appears to be a chemical burn where your lens sits on your eye. Terrible!

Good luck...I just went back to plain old optifree, which I've used for years. No problems...knock on wood!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Complete Moisture Plus for contact lens - Recall Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page