Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  2:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tragedy struck our small town in the late hours last night. For unknown reasons a sniper style shooting rampage started at our county courthouse leaving several wounded and at least one dead. The sniper also mortally wounded one of our police officers before fleeing to a nearby church where he fatally shot a night custodian and himself.

The police officer that died was the first fatality that our local police department has EVER had since their creation in the 1880's. So far they have not released the identity of the shooter.

Alee

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile
OMG that is so horrible. My son and his wife are over in the area looking for land this weekend, makes it seem close to home for me. Prayers to the families.
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  3:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Geez, I just heard about this on WGN, a really huge Chicago radio station.

I'm so sorry for the loss in your community. How very, very tragic.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  3:30:49 PM  Show Profile
I just heard about this. It will be a lead in story on the evening national news tonight. My heart just stopped when I heard them say shooting and Moscow, Idaho. My heart goes out to all those touched by this horrible shooting. Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Karen
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

West Central Idaho
USA
33 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  3:38:25 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with the families that suffered the losses and the town of Moscow.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  3:40:33 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this on MSNBC.com. That's awful! My prayers are with the victims' families and the entire town!

check out my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
this was on our cable news today. i couldnt believe it.
ya'll are all in our thoughts and prayers here in texas.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  4:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
So so sorry to hear this. What a tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with your whole community.

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  4:59:01 PM  Show Profile
We just heard about it on MSNBC. So very sorry. Will pray for all involved. Please let us know more. Susan
Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  5:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Isn't this so sad?! It's mind-boggling to think that something like this could happen in our small town. My thoughts and prayers are with the families involved.

It's a little chilling for me... I live 4 blocks away... I can stand at the end of my street and see the road blocked off... Very, very chilling...
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  6:04:51 PM  Show Profile
I haven't heard anything about the shooter on TV yet. Do they know who he was and what might have made him do such a thing?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  6:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Theresa- I am really glad that I don't live on that side of town anymore. I am so glad you are okay! The news was saying there was over 40 rounds fired at the Courthouse. Those could have gone anywhere! It's so scary. It makes you really appreciate the police, fire and EMS. They put their lives on the line everyday for our safety. I think I should right a "thank you" to the Police Department. I don't think they get enough appreciation in our society.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  7:12:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad the both of you are okay!

Alyssa, you're right about the police dept not getting enough appreciation. My father is a retired cop, so I'm always picking up on the negatives when people start complaining and spewing. Those poor folks are stuck in the middle of society and stupidity (our government, be it city, county or whatever) and they put their lives on the line every day. Maybe we need to write Hallmark and ask for a cop appreciation day!

Please Vote For Me!
http://www.blogforayear.com/profiles/desperate-horsewife

http://carpentercreek.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  7:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Alee, how are you doing? I know that kind of thing can really shake you up. We had to break the news to a group (a foreign exchange student retreat) this morning that had been camping all weekend, and about to head home to Moscow and Spokane areas. It was hard to do, and hard to explain something like that. How very sad. I'm sure your kind thoughts will be appreciated by the departments.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  8:13:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear about the tragety to hit your town. It seems so sad that a person can't seem to get away from "big city" crimes. It's very sad.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  8:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! How scary!! I will sure be keeping your community in my prayers!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  8:56:58 PM  Show Profile
I heard about this on the Portland news. It is horrible. I am so sorry for everyone in the community and especially the victims families.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com OR www.annarosetta.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  9:08:54 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for you. My prayers are with you all.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  9:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle- I am doing okay. I always hate it when a police man gets hurt because my dad was a volunteer policeman once upon a time (let alone one being killed!) I know several of the Moscow Police department in passing and I am selfishly hoping it isn't one of them since they are all great guys. Of course I am sure they guy that was killed was wonderful too. He leaves behind a wife and several grown children. He had been on the police department since 2001.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  02:47:31 AM  Show Profile
I was so shocked to her of the shooting on the news last night. So very sorry for the families of those who were killed. Hugs to you local girls--a terrible thing, made worse by being so close to home.
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  04:00:58 AM  Show Profile
My prayers are with the family and your town as well! It is one thing to hear things on the news and be concerned....but it really brings it home to your heart to hear it and have connections to the location (the farmgirl connection and cousins who live in Moscow).
Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  06:16:59 AM  Show Profile
How horrible and shocking! I'm very sorry to hear of this news. I didn't know about it until I read this post, then I 'googled' it. It just goes to show that these things can happen anywhere, even in beautiful, bucolic rural areas and small towns. I'm glad to hear that the area farmgirls are fine, although probably in shock! My heart and prayers go out to the families of the injured and those who were killed. How sad!

Edited by - junkjunkie on May 21 2007 06:18:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  06:36:16 AM  Show Profile
So sorry that this had to happen in your town. My prayers are with you and yours. It truly becomes a tragedy for the whole community. (Our community had two firefighters killed in a fire recently) Evanston, WY feels your pain and we support and love you!

The hardest thing about success is finding someone who is happy for you. When you find that someone, don't let them go!
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  06:43:05 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry. It is so hard when something like that happens in your hometown. I don't watch the news for I hate hearing how bad this world is getting. It's bad enough that all of the fighting is going over in Irag but when it's right here in your backyard it's awful. You and yours are in my prayers.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogpspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:01:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry. What horrible news. Here in VA and now in Idaho.......I'm just so sorry your community has been hit by this tragedy. My prayers are going up for your community.
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:05:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies and Alee,

Yes, Alee, I felt very blessed yesterday morning when I realized that neither I nor my boyfriend or our close group of friends were injured in the shootings. In retrospect, my boyfriend usually goes to the bars on Saturday night for a beer and he would have been right down there - but he was in Kendrick this weekend. Thank God...

Thank you for all of your support. I keep hearing reports of more being found dead in the church but I'm not positive on that. They will release the name of the shooter and a possible motive this morning at 10 am.

I just hope our small community can follow in the example of the Amish community in PA that forgave and blessed the shooter's family. That's what our Moscow needs - forgiveness and blessings. This year has been a hard one already with the tragedies of Stephanie (Mahri and Meadow's mom), John (Julie Bell's beloved boyfriend) and the recent senseless murder of a UofI student. We just need to move on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Moscow, ID Shooting Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page