CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  9:41:09 PM  Show Profile
got back from our week's vacation .. and some of my little plantlings had 'bellied up' .. but still have lots with strong 'green arms and legs! my sunflower seeds mostly got eaten by birds though! can't imagine a summer without sunflowers at cabin creek .... soooo .. i'm gonna' plant lots more next week when i get home and can 'tend' them!

what is growing in YOUR garden now? xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  06:16:10 AM  Show Profile
We went on vacation last month, came home to almost everything looking like it was going to die! I was so upset, but now they look so good and lush. The tomato's were the worst, I put some chamomile tea on them and that helped. I brewed it and let it steep all day. We also have slicing cucumbers, bell pepper, cantaloupe, banana peppers, onions, and eggplant. I have strawberries too but my fruit is mushy -- something is eating them. I was told to plant some marigolds in there and see if it would help, it hasn't. The leaves are so beautiful, its just the fruit. We have also spotted a little bunny nearbye.
We also have roses, lots of butterfly bushes, and geranuims. A few other odds and ends but those are the main ones. My hubby said we are going to start going on vacations in the early fall instead of spring because of the plants .
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic plantlings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page