CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  9:08:59 PM  Show Profile
my daughter just subscribed to netflix (trial subscription) to see if she likes it and if she will take advantage of it. it looks great! we ordered three movies for when i am here this week.

anyone else out there do netflix or any other kind of subscription 'movie rental'? what are your experiences with these companies?

i do love watching movies on tv .. and honey hunk is getting us each a big-screen tv to be delivered next week when i get home . i love watching movies and 'silly sitcoms' while i sew dollies!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  04:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh Frannie, we have been doing netflix since its beginning! We are on the 8 at a time plan!!! We love British comedies and movies and miniseries...so it is a dream for us! You will love it. We have been very pleased with the service and have only received one scratched dvd and they promptly replaced it. So far, very pleased!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  04:51:29 AM  Show Profile
My husband does Netflix. We don't have cable so this is my compromise. He gets 7-8 movies a week. He was buying used on ebay,cheap, but then I had an overflow of dvds in the house constantly. I hate clutter. With movie rentals at our franchise Blockbuster they were $5.00 per movie and you only got them over night. Tons of late fees! Netflix he gets 3 out at a time it's around $18.00/month. As soon as the post office registers that his movie is going back, they send the next one out. It's really neat. We don't get to go to the movies much it's cost prohibited for a family of 5. We have movie night every Friday, homemade Pizza, popcorn, family film. So Netflix comes in handy. When I was little it was $1 movies, they don't have those anymore. I think netflix is a good substitute.

Mandi

"There will no longer be so many pleasant things to look at if responsible people do not do something about the unpleasant ones." Madeleine L"Engle
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  07:20:13 AM  Show Profile
I've been doing Netflix for about 6 months or so. I like it. I am on the one at a time, 2 per month maximum, for $4.99. It fits into my budget, but most importantly, into my time. Movies are not a requirement for me, but rather just enjoyment now and then. I agree, movie rentals at a store are prohibitive usually, and even the matinee costs have gotten higher.

Netflix is a perfect solution for my occasional desire to watch a movie. What I really like is their Que list that you can put movies in order of importance to watch, move the list up or down at your discretion, and even add movies that haven't been released to dvd yet by putting them on to add when they do become available.

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

I want to be an "outrageous" old woman who never gets called an old lady. I want to be wiser, resonate love & peace and be earth-colored, till I fade away from pure joy!

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Edited by - Clare on May 20 2007 07:21:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  2:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I liked Netflix when I did it, but if the post office loses the movie- You have to pay for it! Also they say you can share return envelopes- but don't! We did that once and they did not register that we had returned one of the movies and they tried to charge us for it.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  7:14:02 PM  Show Profile
We've used both Netflix and Blockbuster; dh tends to switch if there's a free offer from one of them We've been doing it for a couple of years now and really like it!

Please Vote For Me!
http://www.blogforayear.com/profiles/desperate-horsewife

http://carpentercreek.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  7:21:44 PM  Show Profile
I also use Netflix and love it. It allows me to have 2 movies at once and as soon as I send one back I get another, so I always have 2 to choose from. It fits my time (since the movie theatre doesn't show movies at the same time I'm available :-)); budget, since it doesn't cost very much and I love that I can keep it as long as I want and not get charged anything. I had originally signed up for just one at a time, but once I'd watched something on Friday night it left me wanting another movie for Saturday (if I was home). I went to blockbuster to rent a movie and it was $5.00 for just one movie! Netflix was $4.99 for one movie AT A TIME, unlimited for a month. So it was a big savings. After this little blip I switched to the 2 at a time, unlimited monthly deal. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
They also have a great selection, which the stores sometimes don't.
Amanda
http://www.theheadlettuce.blogspot.com

Too much of a good thing is wonderful.
Mae West
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic netflix ... etc. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page