Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Mona Calved!!!!!! (updated..more pics)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Mona Calved!!!!!! (updated..more pics) Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Libbie and I talked late last night on the phone (both night owls!) and her name is now Evelyn!! It fits her. Mother and daughter are doing well this morning. I milked out 3 gallons of colostrum this morning and 2 gallons last night...and there will still be plenty for the baby. Mona is a good producer for sure. Her udder is gianormous this year!! It is nice to get back into my milking routine again. I am excited for a week or so from now when we are able to use the milk! I am dragging this morning...didn't even get to church...I was up off and on all night checking on them in my own neurotic way. Then slept all morning while oldest daughter took her turn. Then milked. I am glad today is Sunday and I can just relax somewhat the rest of the day!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  2:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh wondeful! I love the name Evelyn! She is such a beauty! How fun! Congrats to all!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  2:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny- Do you drink the colostrum also? I know many people buy cow colostrum for it's health benefits. It is actually pretty pricey if you order it.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  4:00:43 PM  Show Profile
how sweet, Mona is such a good mommy. Thanks for the pics aunt jenny.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  4:29:34 PM  Show Profile
What a sweetie - Jenny, you are amazing, and Mona too!

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  8:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Alee..nope, I don't drink the colostrum..I freeze as much as I can and then the cats and chickens love it too. It is sure thick and sticky...messy to clean off the milk bucket and stuff. We just wait for the regular milk. I have heard that some people make a pudding type thing out of it called beesting. We havnt' done that though.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  9:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Congratulations!!!!! I was gone for the weekend, and came back and saw this post and was so thrilled!!! How wonderful!! Mona is such a sweetheart! Thank you ever so much for the pictures and all Jenny! And Libbie, how lucky you are! And I love the name too!!! Hugs, happy dances, and best wishes to you all (Jenny, Mona, Evelyn, and Libbie)
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  8:20:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh......gorgeous!
I want one!

www.homesteadblogger.com/TheQueenofQuiteAlot/
www.freewebs.com/muckbootsnaprons/
www.freewebs.com/dailywalkinfarm/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  06:30:24 AM  Show Profile
That's the prettiest thing I've ever seen, and I love love lover her name! Libbie is one lucky gal, and so are you, Jenny. What a love you have in Mona!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4275 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4275 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  04:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, you can freeze that colostrum. Feed it to the calf later, or in my case, I plan to freeze some for the beefers I have. In case any calf would have problems sucking, or cow die, whatever. Just a thought. Have fun Michele
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  10:43:33 AM  Show Profile
I have been freezing all I can..she is giving ALOT right now...7 gallons yesterday in addition to what the calf drank..holy cow..I thought 6 gallons a day last year was alot! This is her second year.
Jonni...Libbie picked the little calf's name. I love it too!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  6:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Aunt Jenny!!! So glad momma and baby are safe! Mona is a lucky cow to have someone like you!

Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  7:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,
How has it taken me this long to see this post? Congratulations to you, Libbie and most especially to the quite perfect Mona.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  8:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Isn't she DARLING?!?!?!? I can hardly stop thinking about her...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  9:51:02 PM  Show Profile
She has been practicing running today..she really goes fast..very single minded!! Mona just watches her go back and forth at full speed. She is also really good at napping..so far that's her two speeds: sprint and sleep. She is adorable!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  09:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
What a sweet, pretty little girl! Congratulations to everyone!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  09:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so jealous, Aunt Jenny! I am sure you are getting all sorts of wonderful milk and sweet cream out of Mona by now! Not to mention the sweet little baby! How long are you keeping her with Mona?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  12:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Probably a month or so. She is 10 days old now. She is drinking more for sure..I am still getting 6 gallons of milk besides what she drinks though. Mona is quite the perfect cow.
Evelyn is so much fun to watch..she plays and jumps and twists in the air and runs alot. Mona just stands there and calmly watches her.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  03:11:43 AM  Show Profile
I just KNOW that Evelyn couldn't have a better mama than Mona - she's so lucky (and so am I)! Mona sure IS the perfect cow, Jenny - I sure hope that Evelyn has her great personality. Our four little steers here are doing the jumping/twisting/funny running all over thing, too, and I can just imagine what that little sweetie-pie looks like. And Mona...looking on like a proud mother...I just love it.

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  2:24:32 PM  Show Profile
Jenny how about some new pictures!!!! I love hearing about her and how she's growing.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  8:55:41 PM  Show Profile
I will take some more tomorrow for sure...I was watching them today while I was in the garden and kept meaning to go to the house and grab the camera and didn't...tomorrow I will. She has grown alot.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  9:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Yeah!! Congratulations to all! She sure is a beauty (but we knew she would be, with Mona as a mama!) Libbie, you are so lucky and I love the name.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Mona Calved!!!!!! (updated..more pics) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page