Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 MaryJane's Books - Key Lime Pie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MaryJane's Books - Key Lime Pie Next Topic  

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  03:25:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi All,
Over the holiday weekend I made the Key Lime Pie Recipe from the book (page 113).
Everyone loved it. My "crust" didn't get ground as fine as the one in the picture, and I thought that might be a problem, but wasn't.
I also could not find any Key Lime juice at the grocery store. so I looked on line and found a website with tips,they said to add lemon juice or ascorbic acid to the persian lime juice to get the acidity up near key lime. http://members.tripod.com/~lee30/
It worked, one of the guests was from down south and he loved it.
So the lemon juice worked!
The pie was gone in minutes!
I'm going to work from this recipe using the basic ingredients but increasing it to make it in a cake pan to feed more people next time.
Try it you'll like it.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"

bougainvillea blooms
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Jennifer
St. Petersburg FL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2005 :  8:04:07 PM  Show Profile
I must say I'm enjoying the cookbook part of the book! Wish there were more recipes!

I made the cherry pie for the 4th and it became legendary in seconds! The crust was almost like a butter cookie, and I loved how the filling turned out. I was so proud of that pie.

I have never made a key lime pie, even though there's key limes all over this town in October (South Florida). I will have to make one when they come into season.

Jen
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MaryJane's Books - Key Lime Pie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page