westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  06:15:56 AM  Show Profile
I know many of you on MJ forum aren't big TV fans but I had 2 favorite shows on tv. One, McLeods Daughters went off the air 2 seasons ago & it was about Australian women running a ranch in Australia & I loved it. The other ended last night. The Gilmore Girls about a mother & daughter & a very quirkey town. That show was my pop-culture fix. I loved it & have watched it for 7 seasons. Now I have to find something good to watch for the winter. Thank goodness it's summer because I don't watch tv in summer, too busy but I will miss The Gilmore Girls and Stars Hollow their fictional town!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  08:25:03 AM  Show Profile
I loved Gilmore girls for awhile. Emily was hilarious and I loved their beautiful home. My sister is a lot like Lorelai.

I never watched McLeods Daughters. Will it be syndicated? I would like to see it.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  08:39:51 AM  Show Profile
i love Gilmore Girls too!!!
Must buy them on DVD!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  08:47:28 AM  Show Profile
i am so sad about the gilmore girls. i have watched since day one. at least there are reruns

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  09:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Those two shows must have been an Eastern thing. I've never heard of either of them! But then I don't watch much tv - even in winter. There just isn't much worth sitting down for. But that Australian one sounds like something I would have liked.

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Kay
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Tina Kay
Deary ID
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  09:58:55 AM  Show Profile
I loved both of those shows. I am so sad about the Gillmore Girls. I missed the show last night. *sniff* My aunt has been buying the season DVD's. So I can borrow those from her. Have a great day!

Tina Kay

If you would be happy for a week ~ take a wife.
If you would be happy for a month ~ kill a pig.
But if you would be happy your whole life ~ plant a garden.
~mid 17th century~
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  10:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Gilmore Girls has 6 seasons on DVD. Mcleods Daughters(a wondeful aussie show) is also on DVD. Go to www.mcleodsdaughters.com to find out about it and get dvds. It was only here on the WE channel for 3 seasons but still strong in australia. Many characters have changed but the first 3 seasons were great. I was hooked. I hate the WE channel now because they have crap on but it had Mcleods for awhile. It is a great show w/ strong women characters.

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  11:59:03 AM  Show Profile
Michelle,
I will miss Stars Hollow too!! The Gilmore Girls was such a great show. I used to make my daughter watch it with me and then they got to liking it too.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  1:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
We loved it too!! But last night's show was a big disappointment for us. We thought is was l-a-m-e. Not the great GG writing or characters...it was like they all got a pink slip and said to heck with it. But we have the dvds and will buy season 7 as soon as it is out. It was my guilty pleasure as well. We really missed Jesse when he left and felt it was never the same after. Yeah, I know its fictional...but it was kinda my soap opera of choice!!!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  3:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
I know what you mean - too bad it ended that way. I'll have to get the dvds too.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  5:25:26 PM  Show Profile
I actually thought it ended ok. I would have hated to see some big wedding production or Rory going back with the boyfriend. Ending with the two of them sitting in the coffee shop talking was how it all started and I thought it was a sweet way to end it. Maybe it's because after my two teenage daughters got me hooked on it a couple of years ago, it was easy to relate to their relationship. It's all left to our imaginations and is an unfinished story to add your own fairytell ending. Honestly, we just didn't want to see it end at all, so I suppose any ending would have been a disappointment in the end. =)

Angie

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  6:10:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm also a sad GG fan. I watched all the reruns, from start to finish, when I discovered it two years ago.

Another funny one, with the same kind of quirkiness, is called Men in Trees and airs on ABC. It's on hiatus right now, but it's supposed to be coming back so keep your eyes open!

Kim in NC
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  7:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Awww I haven't gotten to watch GG since we shut our T.V. off over a year ago. I didn't even know it was ending. OK so I have to know did Loreli and backwards baseball cap guy (his name escapes me at the moment)finally tie the knot? If they didn't I'm going to imagine that they did. :)

http://love-in-a-mist-shannon.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  05:23:06 AM  Show Profile
They ended up in a big wonderful KISS & left it up to your imagination. My imagination said YES, they ended up tigether. I did like the way they ended it in Lukes especially since no one really knew it was the final take but they did have a feeling it was. No matter, I will miss it very much. 7 seasons of Tuesday nights & with my daughter, wont be the same for awhile. Thank goodnesss for DVD's.

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  09:59:53 AM  Show Profile
I also will miss the quirky folks at Stars Hollow. How sad. It was my daughter's and my favorite show to watch together. I'm a big Kirk fan- he just cracks me up!! So long Lorelei and Rory, Sookie, Luke, Taylor, Babette, Miss Patty, Kirk, Emily, Richard and Paris. You made me laugh and cry for 7 wonderful years!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  10:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad I am not the only GG fan! I love it. My fiance thinks that Lorelei and Rory's humor is badly delivered, but I think their delivery is great. When he did watch he always though Emily did a great job of delivering her humor. (I did too!) I really loved all the characters. It always cracked me up to see how many different jobs Kirk was willing to try!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  3:58:39 PM  Show Profile
I agree, their delivery was awesome! I will miss it very much. I love the town, the houses, the dinner, the people, all of it. It was my Tuesday night getaway!

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  3:59:42 PM  Show Profile
I meant diner,Lukes Diner.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  6:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad that Lorelei told her parents that they could keep having Friday Night Dinners. :) Such a silly thing I guess, but it is good that their relationship can continue to heal in my imagination ;)
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  06:41:58 AM  Show Profile
i watched the finale again last night. i actually like the way it ended. i teared up in a few spots- thinking about how sad my mom must have been when i left home and how sad i will be when my daughter leaves.

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  06:50:10 AM  Show Profile
I think thats the main reason I fell in love w/ this show, the whole mother -daughter thing. There are times when my daughter & I are just like that & times when were NOT at all, but it shows all sides of it. I know I will miss it & tonight is the first Tuesday night w/out a Gilmore Girl!!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Goodbye Stars Hollow! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page