True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  4:18:55 PM  Show Profile
Ok, ladies,
Who wore their aprons today???? raise your hands....
I did, I did, actually I had to wait til I got home from the doctors office-DH had to have some minor outpatient surgery-nothing serious) so when I got him home & squared away I doned my new apron that I bought on Mothers Day-Sunday and I wore it out in the gardenthis afternoon. It is what I call a BBQ style apron....with fun buttons attached.
So, anyboby eles wear theirs?????

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  5:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh I wear mine everyday!!! But wore several different ones today!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  7:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Susan,
sending you & your mom farmgirl hugz.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  8:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok!! I had told you all I was going to wear mine to work today... & make a big deal over this MAJOR Holiday.. & i did!!
I had bought myself the most beautiful Apron.. Whoops! Almost told you too much about his beauty!! (There's a surprise in there!) & made such a fuss about it at work for the past couple of weeks or so.. Told everyone they HAD to wear them too..
This was really going to so comical.. i knew.. because Most of them.. not only don'y own an Apron.. but they probably have never even worn one.. ever.. in their lives.. yes.. i know.. something in this is just too sad.. isn't it??
Well.. It has been building.. & building.. I kept sending out reminders.. emails.. I even send out on of the picture's that we had.. you know.. " I wear an Apron & I vote" on the Email..
alright.. then Last week.. I started getting this killer of a Migraine.. puking.. sleeping in the bathroom.. the whole bit.. I thought.. "crud.. They'll all for get with me not being there to hound them about it everyday.."
( i had missed work Thursday & Friday!)
Well I was making some Apron For Mothers Day Gifts for some of them.. & loaning several to some of the others.. ( yes.. i ended up passing out about 12 or 14 Aprons I think i counted!!!)
So I drove in on Sunday Morning to pass them out.. Or leave them on their desks.. so they would have no excuse to NOT have one on Monday Morning!!
( Yes.. my stupid office is open Sundays too.. they never close..)
When I got there.. They were actually RELIEVED!!!
I mean they were freaking out!!!
Afraid that they were NOT going to have had an Apron for this Momentous event!!!! ( they were afraid I wasn't coming in Monday!!)
So.. needless to say.. Aprons were worn On Monday By people that may have never worn them ever before!!
All thanks to us!! Farm Girls!
So.. This was great Fun! & I was very Proud!!
( Yes, I know this was a long & Drawn out story just to get to that point.. sorry!)
Ok.. Part Two!
I have tried to have someone take a couple pictures..
Not sure how they turned out.. & only about half of my Team is in the picture.. maybe..
BUT.. if I can get the pictures.. or one of them..
From THAT Camera.. to THIS site!!!
( Yes.. I know.. yet another HUGE feat for me! )
I am going to have a Drawing!!!
Something like who ever Guesses Which one is Me will win an Apron Made By Me!!! YES.. this can be yours!!! Truly!!
A Pual Bunyan Apron.. With loads of Stiches!!! Made by Yours Truly.. So.. there is alot to be done on my end first..
I have to master the whole camera thing.. this could take awhile!
So.. This Is to Be Continued.........

Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  9:03:17 PM  Show Profile
I wore my John Deere apron (made by our Clare) all day today..still have it on in fact.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  9:27:10 PM  Show Profile
So glad you're still enjoying that apron, Jenny!

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

I want to be an "outrageous" old woman who never gets called an old lady. I want to be wiser, resonate love & peace and be earth-colored, till I fade away from pure joy!

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  11:27:15 PM  Show Profile
It is one of my very favorites! Goes with my kitchen too!!! My sis in law tried to talk me out of it the other day. I told her to get her own..heehee. Actually I may make her one some time soon. She dosn't sew. I think that is the saddest thing! She is over 60.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  11:54:52 AM  Show Profile
You gals are awesome,,,,isn't wearing an apron fun,,,,
This past Christmas for our Station Holiday potluck Lunch I sewed up 4 whimsical silly Christmas aprons for myself & my 3 co-workers who were involved with our potluck lunch set up. It was such fun and several other gals had said,,,"I want one"....my responce was, "next time maybe you will volunteer"....heeheehee......no workie-no apron!
Anyways, looking forward to those pic.'s Kathie.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  11:57:22 AM  Show Profile
I worn mine. I wear one everyday. I love aprons. I get so much more done.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com

My shop www.theclothesline.etsy.com
I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  11:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Elizabeth,
does your fur baby "Candie" have an apron???
I'll bet you are having fun making aprons for your Granddaughter too!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 15 2007 11:23:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  06:38:34 AM  Show Profile
I always wear a really cool 50's apron with big pockets over my PJ's in the morning to go out to the barn ad milk my goats. I usually find a few eggs and thus the large pockets. It's my African daughter's job to feed the chickens and collect eggs, so I don't get them all.

I have a drawer full of very darling aprons my husband's grandmother gave me years ago, because, she said, I was the only domestic woman in the whole family ") Took that as a compliment!

In the kitchen, there's a hook with some of our most-used aprons hanging for easy access. I say for "us", because my teen aged daughter always wears an apron too! She sews better than me, and has made quite a few of her own.

We love our aprons! And couldn't do without the muckboots- thus our Farm Girl Chapter name: "Muckboots "N Aprons"

Nothing looks cuter than a pretty aron over a pair of denim clam diggers. Drives my honey wild ")

www.homesteadblogger.com/TheQueenofQuiteAlot/
www.freewebs.com/muckbootsnaprons/
www.freewebs.com/dailywalkinfarm/
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  09:16:12 AM  Show Profile
I wore my make-do apron while making batches of soap. I sent out a reminder to our chapter as well not to forget their aprons!!

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
www.LaMargueriteFarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  09:57:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls, check out my "flag" photo on the other apron day post.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  10:33:27 AM  Show Profile
Julia!! That was awesome!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  10:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dalyn,
I love the purple gingham & floral apron posted on muckbootsnaprons....it's so lovely.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  06:44:40 AM  Show Profile
I do too- I didn't make it though! I'm a cheater. Sewing is not my strong point. I can do very simple things only :)

www.homesteadblogger.com/TheQueenofQuiteAlot/
www.freewebs.com/muckbootsnaprons/
www.freewebs.com/dailywalkinfarm/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  11:49:59 AM  Show Profile
hey, cheating is ok,(sometimes). I have scribbled more craft ideas on the back of checks & napkins in hopes that some day I will re-create the craft idea. Most times I lose the the scribbled notes....and the rest of the time I just never get around to it.
I just posted a few pic's of some simple aprons I made,,,& yes the one from scrap fabric is one of my "cheaters". I bought the origional apron on ebay then made a pattren of it & found that I had barely enough fabric to make my version of it. But all's fair in love & crafting. lol!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic National Apron Day... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page