Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mean people Next Topic  

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  3:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Why do people have to be so mean and rude? I have one lady who for 2 years has been following my blog and leaving really nasty comments. I had to enable moderator comments this week end. Why can't people just go away if they hate someone?My dh says to pity her and pray for her. It gets old. I decided today not to react but to keep my blog happy and uplifting. Just ignore her my dh says. Erase the comments and move on.
Thank for listening. I think farm girls are the best. No rudness here.
Hugs,.
Elizabeth

www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com

My shop www.theclothesline.etsy.com
I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  3:19:42 PM  Show Profile
I will never understand what satisfaction some people get out of being mean and rude. My daughter has been going through a really rough time lately and this good Amish friend of hers told her when you let the person make you mad then they are winning. I know sometimes that is hard to swallow, but being nice in the end may very well hurt her more than being ugly. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://thebackfence.etsy.com
http://kathy-whimsicaldays.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  3:30:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry that she is being rude to you. I always hate that! Why doesn't she just move on? She doesn't HAVE to look at your blog? Sounds to me like she needs to get a life, maybe she is just jealous of yours!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  6:15:11 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth:

Well *POOH* on her...and not the bear! I *love* your blog!! I love your List of Human Rights. I love your recipes. I love your photos. I love your menu plans. I love what you share with us. Shame on me for not telling you the things I love about your blog before. It is so like me go about reading and not return a simple *THANKS* -- but I want you to know how much I really do enjoy your blog!!

That awful little troll needs to just go find a bridge and live under it...with other nasty, grumpy little trolls! (I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. I've just pretty much had it to the nostrils with nasty people over the past two weeks...)

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  7:17:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone so much. Kaylyn. I needed that good laugh.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  7:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, your blog is WONDERFUL and I am so sorry that there has to be such curl people to test us! I am not a betting woman...LOL...but I am sure you are not the only one she is doing this to. Just someone who is not happy with their own life. Your blog is sweet and helpful, so please keep it up! It has made many of my days!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  9:02:42 PM  Show Profile
Really! Who does she think she is?
If she doesn't like what she's seeing.. or 'hearing' then she has a choice to not look.. she can turn away.. turn the chanel.. turn it off.. walk away.. not turn it on.. Or NEVER go to your site..
I just don't get people..
There are choices.. She's choosing to go somewhere she obviously isn't happy with.. why.. so she can unravel?
She's just whacked..
Pay not attention to her.. I think their right.. she is jealous..
She only WISHES she were doing what your doing..

Do you know who it is? or is in anonymous?

People are just so unpredictable sometimes..
I am sorry she's trying to take away from what your doing.. don't let her though.. You have fun with it.. & it brings you enjoyment.. & it makes so many more people happy too..
She's just a small fish.. & probably an ugly one at that.
Flush her away!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  9:36:56 PM  Show Profile
there is a saying that is so very true"hurt people hurt people" she is to be pitied, but even then..don't expend too much of your energy on that either. just make sure that you are happy and that you do what makes you happy. There will always be the "naysayers" in life..the ones that think they should be the one's to snuff out anothers candle/joy...or to take the spring from your step..or try to tarnish your smile so to speak..but they will never win if you determine in your heart and in your mind and in your deeds that no matter what.... you will continue to do the things that in your heart you feel are the right things to do for your own personal peace of mind and peace of heart.So my fellow farmgirl..carry on, and do what makes you happy and what makes your countenance shine.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com and
http://photosbytina.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  03:37:12 AM  Show Profile
From someone who hasn't a clue how to set one of these things up, your site is beautiful and fun!

Your flower pix are also pretty!

Ignore the heckler and get on with your life!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  05:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Forget her, Elizabeth. Kathy's right about the bad person winning if you let her make you mad. I love your blog. Ever since I first joined MJF and you shared that nifty recipe about cooking oatmeal in a crockpot! I love my oatmeal in the winter. Keep on blogging! :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  06:04:48 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Janice...forget her! Apparently, she doesn't have anything to do!
I really enjoy your blog. That we can all "connect" this way is very endearing to me...I'm always impressed when people blog--I find that I'm so interested in how everyone lives, and what they say and do with their individual time.

Maybe you could blog about manners and computer etiquette one day--I doubt she'd get it, but it might be a good release for you!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  07:19:03 AM  Show Profile
A friend told my son once when someone had made fun of him-" If you get kicked by a mule- consider the source!!!" I thought that was great! Many hugs to you!!!!
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  07:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Back in college, I had a bumpesticker on my car that said "Mean People Suck." When the car finally went to the junkyard, I missed the sticker more than the car. I recently saw one that reads "Just Be Nice." What a wonderful world it would be if we lived by those simple words....

In any case, don't let the one bad apple get to you. It's hard, but focus on the positive.
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  08:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Considering the billion or so blogs out there, this person is actively reading yours and leaving her nasty comments simply for her own entertainment. As with many people who never mature past the high school level, she is creating drama to liven her own boring life. I have heard of this problem with other bloggers, and my only advice is to delete her comments and ignore her. Any response will only "fuel" her soap opera-like mentality and lead to more nastiness.

I think your blog is wonderful, and I love reading about other homemakers. It gives me ideas, inspiration, and even a push when I am having those Blah days about homemaking.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  10:09:13 AM  Show Profile
I really enjoy your blog too, Elizabeth. People who are mean often are fearful. She's lashing out at you and you must ignore her. Easier said, than done, but I think your blog is really interesting and fun. We are all different ladies (and men?) who are drawn together by our commonalities, but we have to respect our differences too. As others have said, she obviously gets some satisfaction out of reading your blog and making mean comments. She must be a very sad and fearful woman.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  10:33:46 AM  Show Profile
I ask myself that question just about everyday. I cant understand why people do the things they do. The other day my daughter & I were in the car letting elderly people pass and the horns were going off like crazy because the jerks behind me were in such a hurry. I waved the elderly couple to slow down & not rush, they smiled & said thanks. These people deserve some respect to cross a street slowly w/out fear of being hit.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to thank everyone for your support. Well I did today. I took the bull by the horns. LOL Dh said I need to stand up to the bully and confront her after she attack me so cruelly today. So I made a post on my blog and confronted her. I did it in a christian loving way. Now I done. I feel so much better. I am weary but I am at peace.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

sunshine78
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Cynthia
Western Nebraska
106 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  6:15:42 PM  Show Profile
I was always taught that if you can't say anything nice, then best not to say anything at all. You are the better person for not stooping to her level.

Cynthia
www.pinecanyonranch.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  3:36:48 PM  Show Profile
Amen! You're a good person, Elizabeth. Love you, Susan