Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Tasha Tudor and her gardens, life, etc...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Tasha Tudor and her gardens, life, etc... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lazycreek
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Charlee
Mt Ida AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  05:50:28 AM  Show Profile
Any library (even the tiny rural ones) can get books and videos on Interlibrary Loan. Larger libraries usually don't charge for this service, but our tiny library here charges me $2 a book. Still cheaper than buying. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get a book: depends where it is coming from and if that library has it checked out at the moment. But if a book or video is at some library in the world, you can get it at your library.

Believe in the power of your dreams
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  1:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Since this thread I"ve rechecked the Tasha Tudors books out from the library and enjoyed them all over again. Now to look for the video!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

papermagpie
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Roxana

2 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  1:55:11 PM  Show Profile
The Take Joy & Take Peace videos are gems...if you're a thoughtful gardener, or just one of those folks who feel they were born 100 years too late, these documentaries will speak to you!

Just a quick little addendum to my note about my garden tour experience. At the end of our 'self-guided' tour of her grounds, we were supposed to meet at her barn, where she was to come out and greet us briefly. However, beforehand my Mom and I stumbled across her privately on a little patio/alcove adjoining her house...she was arranging flowers! I'll never forget our private little audience with her...she was wonderful. Laying eyes on her was like seeing a painting come to life. What a beautiful human being she is!

Roxana
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh SHerridale,How I envy you! I would love to go sometime. I have been a Tasha fan for a very long time! I have several of the books she has illustrated, but only two she has written and illustrated- Amanda and The Bear and a small hard copy of First Graces. My Mom just gave me Tasha Tudor's Garden for a housewarming gift this spring. There is also a cassette version of Take Joy, that I love, as you can hear her speak. She has such a unique voice. I love her simplicity of living.
I too, love Marcia Adam's. I was raised in Mennonite country here in Oregon. The Mennonite church we attended had wonderful cooks. I have a couple of favorite recipes from them that I use often.
I love seeing the familiar thread that seems to travel through us all!
Simply, Julia

"For mine is just a little old-fashioned garden, where the flowers come together to praise the Lord, and teach all who look upon them to do likewise." Celia Thaxter

"The most extraordinary thing in the world, is an ordinary man, and an ordinary woman, and their ordinary children." G. K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Julia-- Here's another common thread: I know who Celia Thaxter is and have been to Isle of Shoals and the gardens that are recreations of hers... Heavenly! I dream of this place at the strangest times, it's like it's almost become a part of me. I loved it!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  10:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Roxana, WOW, what a thrill that must of been to walk up on Tasha arranging flowers in one of her favorite spots it sounds like, what a rememberable experience, how lucky are you!! I can see her there as you wrote about it, and hopefully one day I too will be able to meet that special lady, and Mary Jane too, both women rank high on my hero list!

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  4:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Ok Bramble, now I am really jealous! Celia Thaxter is one whom I would have loved to have had tea with in her garden. I grow red poppies because of her. A trip to Isle of SHoals is also on my dream list!
Simply, Julia

"For mine is just a little old-fashioned garden, where the flowers come together to praise the Lord, and teach all who look upon them to do likewise." Celia Thaxter

"The most extraordinary thing in the world, is an ordinary man, and an ordinary woman, and their ordinary children." G. K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  4:54:16 PM  Show Profile
You that have met Tasha Tudor are so lucky, ive always wanted to go see her when she has those tours.
such fun.
I have been following her sites and articles for quite some time and just want to be like her!!
shirley in oly, wa
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:25:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear Tasha Tudor is still alive. Does anyone know how old she is now? I've read everything by her and about her. What an enchanted life she lives. She's my inspiration for the country life.
Go to Top of Page

artfulscribe
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Roxana

2 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:33:48 PM  Show Profile
She'll be turning 90 on August 28 :)
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:52:51 PM  Show Profile
Gee, anyway to send her a birthday card I wonder???? Bless her heart!

Sisterhood of the Travelng Art

Go to Top of Page

artfulscribe
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Roxana

2 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:57:25 PM  Show Profile
You can reach her at:
Tasha Tudor and Family
PO Box 503
Marlboro, Vermont, 05344

Her daughter-in-law & grandson essentially run the office at this address, but they live within walking distance of each other (connected by paths in the woods!), and I'm sure the personal mail gets to her eventually :)

Roxana
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  04:49:54 AM  Show Profile
Roxana, thanks SO much, now I can send a birthday card to a lady I've admidered for many years, I'm thrilled! Bless your heart!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  1:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Roxana. I'm so excited to be able to send a birthday card to mark Tasha's 90th year. What an achievement!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Tasha Tudor and her gardens, life, etc... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page