Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What's your favorite festival?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's your favorite festival? Next Topic  

sunshine78
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Cynthia
Western Nebraska
106 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  4:03:19 PM  Show Profile
I am such a fan of summer(until it gets hot)because there is so much going on in communities around from garage sales to midsummer and july 4th festivals. So I was wondering what celebrations do you have in your part of the country? Which is your favorite?

Mine has got to be Indepence Day because it's two days before my wedding anniversary, but I love the food and fireworks too. Basically I like any reason to get together with the community. We have Ash Hollow Day which runs a really close second. People dress up in pioneer gear and we have period food cooked outside. They read from diaries of pioneers. There is a soddy that still stands and to this day wagon tracks are visible. It was a main stop for water and people would post letters on the soddy in the hopes that someone heading the right direction would deliver it for them. There is so much history hear, I guess I'm just a history geek. Hope to hear from you all.

Cynthia
www.pinecanyonranch.com

Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's your favorite festival? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page