Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  8:13:18 PM  Show Profile
I am the Acting Director for the state of Indiana for www.dammadd.org The organization was founded by Steven Steiner. You can read his story on the website if you want. My main concern is that parents be aware of the new drug problem that is our children and grandchildren face. I posted the following email I received from Steven Steiner.
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

20 Teens Dead From New Drug Rage

Video High
David Witherspoon can't get this concrete tunnel out of his mind. It's where his 17- year-old son Keith died after taking cheese. Sadly Keith is just one of dozens of North Texas teens who have died from this new drug trend. Cheese is black tar herion laced with Tylenol PM. It's taking over schools in Dallas. With this drug the herion can be snorted instead of injected.

"And that might be one of the reasons they are mixing it with Tylenol PM so they can put it in a drink and eat it and it's very in-expensive." said John Spraggins with the North Texas Drug Task Force.

In fact it's lunch money just $2.00 a hit. Victor started using in middle school. By snorting cheese thru a hollowed-out pen when his teacher turned her back. "You take the top off this then you sniff it." said Victor. Victor is now in rehab for the second time after nearly dying three weeks ago. "The next time i did some i didn't feel high so i needed to use more to get high."

Although cheese hasn't been seized in our area...That doesn't mean it's not already here. "If black tar herion is in Wichita Falls and in North Texas then cheese is just around the corner because all they have to do is mix it with something they can buy over the counter." said Spraggins.

Even though kids are dying many kids are still buying, in fact kids as young as nine , are taking part in using and dealing this deadly drug.

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  8:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mikki. Oh my gosh! I've never heard about this one. Meth is a problem here.
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  8:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Meth is a very big problem here. We had over 40 teens die 2 years ago. And I live in a very small town. It's a horrible drug.
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  8:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
This is so scarey. I used to say "not my kid". But I just found out last night that my 14 yr old daughter has been cutting herself for 2 yrs :( Now I just feel clueless. We can't let our guards down for one second ladies.

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  8:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ricki I'm so sorry. The worry literally is so painful that we have for our children when their in trouble. I'll keep you in my prayers as well as your daughter of course.
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  9:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so scarey! Thanks so much for the information. We can only guard our children against these things if we are aware they exsist. So Scarey!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  05:11:52 AM  Show Profile
thanks Mikki, I have a 16 y/old daughter and this stuff frightens me so. All it takes is one time for someone to talk them into something stupid. I pray she always stays with what we taught her, God, family and good sense but it can happen to good kids & does everyday. Thanks for posting this.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  05:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Well ladies...I will let you in on a piece of my life with my teenagers...and methodone.

This is the call I got on a Saturday morning:
My daughter who was 16 at the time...this happened 2 weeks before Christmas last year. She was at school on a Friday and one of her classmates gave her and a few others some pills to take....told her she could take six..that it wouldn't hurt her...and that she takes six all the time and it gives her a good high....soooooo my daughter ask if she could stay all night with a friend that Friday night...and she took six of those pills...she didn't really get high...just made her sleepy. Saturday morning the friends mother went up to wake them for breakfast and my daughter (Vikki) said she would be right down. 20 min later when Vikki didn't come down her friends mother sent her son up to get Vikki to come down and she was unresponsive. She was turning purple and convulsing. He started screaming for his mother...when the mother (Lisa) got upstairs Vikki was not breathing so Lisa started screaming for her husband (Rick) who was out in the barn. Rick came in and started CPR and called 911. They even tried putting her in a cold shower to make her respond. When the parimedics got there Vikki had been without a heartbeat and pulse for 3 minutes...by the time they got her to ER she had been without a heartbeat and pulse for 4 min and 45 sec. and the said that she was dead...that was the call that I got. I rushed out of my house...hitting the neighbors house with my car on the way out and get to ER...hubby was hunting so he had further to come but was in route also. We get to ER and they would not let me go back. They had the main floor curtain pulled and would not let anyone back. 4 hours later the doctor came and told me that Vikki was alive and was taking about 4-6 breaths per minute and would most likely have some brain damage. She was then put in ICU. On Sunday she became responsive and started talking to the doctors and nurses....and on Monday she was released....with no brain damage....no lasting effects..but with a bruised sturnum, 3 broken ribs and bruised lungs...from the CPR. They said that her friends dad saved her life by starting CPR. Had she have been at home she would have died....as I would not have went up on a Saturday morning to wake her up. That God was watching out for her...as he has other plans for her life...the doctors say that she is a miracle that she should have brain damage due to the lack of oxyagen. But she is here....and now drug free....as for the young lady that gave out the pills at school...the police met her at the school on Monday morning...at this point she did not know that Vikki had overdosed. They searched her locker and her purse and found a whole bottle of the same pills...same perscription, and she was arrested and so was her mother as they where her mothers pills. Her mother was a recovering herion addict and went to a clinic to get methodone. She then gave her daughter the methodone to take to school and give away in hopes of getting kids addicted. Once they were hooked she would start selling them to them to support her herion addiction. So....that is a little piece into a West Virginia backsticks country teenager...it can happen anywhere to anyone....just because you think you know what they are doing...think again...they just know what you are doing....so they can sneek to do their own thing.

God Bless Ladies,

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  06:51:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh Fawn!!! Hugs! Sometimes all we can do as parents is get down on our knees everyday and pray for protection for our kids- the world really has gotten to be a scary place! I'm so grateful that everything turned out all right for you! Many hugs and much love!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:21:16 AM  Show Profile
oh my God fawn. Thats what is so frightening these kids trusts other kids when they shouldn't. Thank God your daughter is alive & well.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  08:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Fawn (((hugs))) I can not imagine the terror you went thru. It's such a scarey world for our babies.

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:30:30 AM  Show Profile
I cannot even hardly type. Fawn, that is so scary. I am glad to hear that your daughter is on the mend. I cannot even imagine the horror you were feeling getting that phone call. It just seems that no matter what we do to protect our children, there is someone lurking in the background waiting for a susceptible moment to squirm their way in.
Prayers are going out for you, your daughter as well Ricki and her daughter.
((((HUGS)))) to both of you brave moms.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow.....Fawn, your daughter really dodged a big bullet and is very lucky there is no permanent damage! How frightening these new drugs are and are being laced with over the counter drugs. It can happen anywhere, even in the best of neighborhoods. God was really on her side and she's here for a reason!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  12:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Fawn-

I am so glad you daughter recovered and is doing well today. I can't imagine a worse call to get!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  1:09:34 PM  Show Profile
oh my goodness Fawn..that would have been so terrible to go through that...I am so glads to hear that your family made it through that trauma...and that your daughter is doing better.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com and
http://photosbytina.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  5:26:23 PM  Show Profile
(((hugs))) Fawn! I can't even imagine how scary and awful that was, I am so glad your daughter is ok!

Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  5:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Fawn! I'm so glad to hear your daughter made it through alright. It certainly is a wake-up call for all of us with children.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Please Read Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page