Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 The Zen of Laundry, ie as Prayer Flags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic The Zen of Laundry, ie as Prayer Flags Next Topic
Page: of 2

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  9:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh well -- DUH!! I should've figured that out for myself! Thanks MeadowLark for pointing me in the right direction. I just love what Clare wrote about the prayer flags. That would be a good project for Steph and I to do together.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  06:45:07 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I'm glad you like the idea too! It's a wonderful healing and unity project, and we could all use that right about now, couldn't we? Just the art of creating them adds balance back into our lives, not even mentioning the affect they have once hung and your prayers and thankfulness are circulating the universe.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  10:25:57 AM  Show Profile
I have a set of prayer flags in my medicine wheel that are made from the tiniest of baby shirts that have all been died in bright colors and stamped with a design of (Sherab Jamma) or loving mother on one side and on the other different pictures of children holding hands around the world to pray for peace so the children of the world can grow up. The children of the world in war torn countries and those raviged by natural disasters are my special mission. These prayer flags were a gift to me from a dear sister who has the same mission and goes around the world working to bring these dear little ones things that they need.
The little flags are so wonderful!
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  10:43:37 AM  Show Profile
Clare, is it my imagination or did you just change the color of your posts here? You are such a busy bee!Eileen, Your little flags sound awesome! Would love to see pics! Thanks!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre

Edited by - MeadowLark on Sep 07 2005 10:49:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  10:52:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, Meadowlark, I was re-reading my post and I thought to myself "dang, this is hard to read!" So I decided to "fix-er-up". Easier on my eyes, anyway.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic The Zen of Laundry, ie as Prayer Flags Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page