Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Nancy Jo - Love the Head Vase
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Nancy Jo - Love the Head Vase Next Topic  

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  06:19:27 AM  Show Profile
Was checking out your blog and I saw the Lady head vase. Tried leaving a message but couldn't do it (my pc's not behaving lately). Anyway, they're highly collectible items. If you have an authentic head vase could be worth some money. Keep her safe!!! Google Lady Head Vase when you have a chance. They're a baby boomer's thing, I have several reproduction lady head vases, and they always make me smile when I see them. They're so, well, ladylike.

Does anyone else collect these beautiful ladies?

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  09:29:43 AM  Show Profile
Jeanette,
I was happy to see her at a sale. When I was growing up I had a few of them, given to me with a plant in. Sure wish I had them now. Thanks for the site info, I will look into it.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  3:06:40 PM  Show Profile
I have three of these. Three of anything makes a collection, yes? My grandmother gave my oldest daughter one, so I had to find one for the younger daughter. And then of course I wanted one for myself too. So the girls wanted me to keep them for them, till their toddlers are older.

I would love to find some more. I understand they are worth more if they still have their original plastic flowers, but I think the vases are lovely and the flowers are ugly....

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  03:51:01 AM  Show Profile
I have to go and check it out. I just put a new banner on my weblog and I have a picture of a lady head vase in it. You can't tell what she is though because she has no flowers in her head.
She is holding a nice turkey though and wearing pearls.

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  09:27:25 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, Didn't know they came with plastic flowers. I agree, the flowers sound like they were not attractive. Lindy, checked out your banner, your lady is so pretty. Somehow I never look so composed when I'm cooking, I want to be like your lady vase when I grow up.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Nancy Jo - Love the Head Vase Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page