Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 your most favorite little 'spot'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic your most favorite little 'spot' Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  07:11:19 AM  Show Profile
do you have a special little spot where you love to sit? on the porch .. at the dining room table .. at your crafting desk .. in the garden? tell us about it! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  09:23:48 AM  Show Profile
Depends on the sun. In the morning, the sun comes in and warms my back at the dining table. Perfect with coffee and family. At the end of the day, the sun is best in the "library/office" perfect for chatting with farmgirls on line, writing letters, etc. I think, like many farmgirls at this time of year, there isn't much sitting in the middle of the day. :) I do have a rock all covered in lichen perched with a view over a lot of our land that I look at longingly and think of what a perfect sitting place it will be when I sit. :)

Fun sharing, Frannie. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  09:41:22 AM  Show Profile
Until it gets really warm, we like to sit in wicker rockers out by the chicken coop. It is a little sheltered there and when it's chilly, but sunny, it feels warm. My dogs run around and I have to throw the ball a million times while I read or work on a stitching project.

In the summer, when I have more time, I walk across the street to our property on the river. The dogs go nuts when they realize were we are going and once across the road, they RUN straight into the water. They will play there for hours while I have my soda or tea and read. My mom says it's her favorite place on earth over there. It is perfect. My kids had a rope swing that they could use to jump into the river and they both learned how to swim there. We see turles,frogs, fish, woodchucks. muskrats and all types of ducks, birds and geese all throughout the year.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  09:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and in the morning, it is the front porch for breakfast unless it is really cold!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  11:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Porches in a rocking chair, with my dog at my feet and my son running around, drinking sweet tea..
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  9:32:42 PM  Show Profile
I LoVe to sit in my little vintage travel trailer! She is a 1957 Jewel and so darn cute! I have a sewing/scrapbook craft room but there is something special about visiting my little trailer! Everyday I go out and sit in her at the little dinette. Lately I have been sewing fabric yo yo's to make a doll quilt for my granddaughter Hailey! It is so peaceful there. Just the sound of birds and the wind rushing by...heaven!

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever"
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  06:26:17 AM  Show Profile
Sit ? You guys sit? :) Usually my day is run,run,run. However whith the onset of the spring I love my deck. Since it gets full sun midday it is great for both morning and evening partial sun. Last week I took my yoga mat out there and had morning yoga with the sun on me and the birds singing. It was wonderful!! In the evening I love to sit out there to embroider. Dh is covering and screening in part of the deck so it's a construction zone @ present. However soon I will be able to sit out even longer with the screen keeping the bugs away. And my 2 indoor cats will positively LOVE this screen room!
Sheryl-lyn I want to come sit by the river with you. It might be a little bit of a drive though LOL

Frannie, Where do you like to sit???

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  11:40:23 AM  Show Profile
At the very end of my house..i think it would be the South side of the house i have two huge shade trees..
I have planted the cutest coziest little shade garden.. ( since it's so hot down here.. It's best to plant things that can tolerate the shade for me.. otherwise they'd just burn out too soon..)
& everything stays so green & cool there all year long.. I just change out with some simply colors now & then..
I have three swings there.. ( you can never have too many swings..)
all facing inward & a small table with 4 chairs..
I love to sit out here & listen to the birds & watch the branches & trees sway.. i could sit out there all day long..
If i have to be in the house..
I'd rather be in the sewing room.. It is corner to corner full of so many projects & i don't think i have a spare inch of wall space even..
You'd think it would be depressing really ,looking at all that stuff..
ALL over the place.. i'm such a pack rat!!
But it's not.. it actua;;y gives me comfort i think.. even if i don't go in there to do anything other then sit & stare..
I know i can jump right into something anytime i want to.. cuz it's all mine.. ya know? pick up right where i left off on any given project..
My neoce Zoey calls it the Art room though.. not the sewing room.. i used to call it the office.. to be fair to my husband.. But.. we both knew i was just kidding myself!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  11:52:16 AM  Show Profile
On the front porch, in the porchswing dh got as our 5th anniversary gift. Lovely breezes and lovely view.

Also, we've just added a new space in our "naturalized" area in the lower yard. We put a garden bench there, under a pear tree and it's lovely...

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  12:51:38 PM  Show Profile
We all love to sit on the porch swing on our back patio. Most days it is a mad dash to see who gets to sit! It used to be that both kids and I could sit on it together but over the years they have grown up so much so now there isn't all that room anymore!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic your most favorite little 'spot' Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page