Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  9:38:57 PM  Show Profile
So, this one is from a library book that I read a while back and can't remember the name of, but... try using a long, empty paper towel or wrapping paper tube to extend the reach. You can even crush the end of the paper tube to create a crevice tool. Use tape to make the connection airtight.

When I read these things, I just think, "DUH! Why didn't I think of that instead of moving the sofa?!?!?!?!"

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  07:03:22 AM  Show Profile
Hm, for vacuuming? For reaching the tops of my cupboards, I use my wooden spoon. So I put light non-breakable things at the top. Just faster than bringing out the step-stool, which this time of year is usually bringing seedlings to the right height by a window...

Thanks for the tip! OH, under the couch! Definitely!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  3:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, I always used my longest wooden spoon too. To reach a basket up on top of the cupboards or the coffee filters on the top shelf, etc. Even then, I have to stand on the bottom shelf of the lower cupboard on tiptoes...but still much easier than hauling out the step stool. Mine is a toolbox/stepstool combo and of course it is full of tools which makes it heavy and cumbersome. But, hey, with a wrapping paper tube and duct tape I might not even have to stand on tiptoes anymore. I can keep it right next to the straightened wire hanger I use to clean out the vaccuum after it gets plugged up!

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Cardboard paper towel tubes... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page