Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Ideas for Extra Income (Medical Expenses)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Ideas for Extra Income (Medical Expenses) Next Topic  

ChicChick
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Joy

64 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  08:57:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

I just found out I have to have some dental work done and my insurance will only cover 1/3 of the procedure. I need to make about $1500-$2000 quick! (notice the teeth on this smiley guy!)

I'm looking for creative (and legal!) ideas to do this, without taking on a part-time job and missing all of summer indoors at some retail store. Here are some ideas I've come up with so far: Farmer's Market, table by my driveway (busy-ish road) selling fresh flowers and organic bread/baked goods, selling things I no longer need on Ebay, Fleamarket (outdoor) selling vintage home items, and a yard sale. Any other thoughts/ideas? I'm not opposed to doing indoor work (like writing/typing or other office type things) as long as I can do it in the comfort of my own home.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)
-Joy

Vist my shop at: http://chicchickbiz.etsy.com and my blog at www.chicchickbiz.blogspot.com

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  09:00:31 AM  Show Profile
Could you post some of your vintage items on this board? I bet that there are alot of us farmgirls who would love to buy them!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  1:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Good idea..

My daughter is always selling her cloths at consignment shops..
She never seems to wear them very long.. But seemed to have invested alot in them.. & she really does seem to get quite a good buck out of them..
That's a thought..
She does better selling them that way then i ever would at a yard sale..
i really like your thoughts of doing things right there at the house too though..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

At home with Mama
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Erica
Jacksonville FL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:06:27 AM  Show Profile
if you write, you could submit articles to www.associatedcontent.com
also if you have books hanging out that you no longer need, it's easy to sell them on amazon

www.at-home-with-mama.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Ideas for Extra Income (Medical Expenses) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page