Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  10:28:14 AM  Show Profile
It is already getting hot here in Louisiana, and my little one has begun hitting me up to make Ice Cream Sandwiches. I found this recipe years ago in Quick Cooking Magazine. It is a low fat, low sugar snack if you opt for the sugar free pudding and use fat free milk, and you can use the fat free or sugar free cool whip. I was making my shopping list before I head to town and just thought I would share the recipe. Hope you like it!!
Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 box honey graham crackers
1 large box instant vanilla pudding ( you can use chocolate )
1 carton cool whip
any kind of add ons.............. mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, ect.
Mix pudding as directed; when it is firm, add cool whip. Spread on 1/2 graham cracker and cover with the other half... dip edges in your chocolate chips, ect.
Freeze for about an hour on a cookie sheet. Wrap individually in Saran Wrap and return to freezer. I keep them in a plastic container or a freezer bag. They keep quite awhile.

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  7:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
After reading your post I had DH take me to get the stuff to make them and I have to tell you that they are a great hit. The kids just loved them. I used chocolate pudding and put the chocolate chips in the mixture and let them freeze also...but wonderful. Thank you for a great treat for the youngins.

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  06:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Glad you liked them! I wonder if anyone else has some fun kid recipes, especially for summer??
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Ice Cream Sandwiches Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page