Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Here's Your Chance to Shine!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Here's Your Chance to Shine!!! Next Topic  

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  06:06:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm sure you've all heard, but...MaryJane’s new book - her Stitching Room - is out officially as of yesterday. What is now a 144-page book was at one point a 288-page book! The publisher decided to turn it into a smaller workbook, which resulted in quite a bit of content that we’ve been trying to find a home for.

One of the sections they cut included about 40 photos of pinkeepers that the folks made at the farm. They had spent about a month more than a year ago with their creative juices turned on full blast.

It WAS a total blast, really, so we decided to share the experience. (During that time, we dreamed pinkeepers, we talked pinkeepers, we saw signature pinkeepers in every bowl, every shoe, and every hat - pert near everything, even chicken feeders!)

But before we show you ours (to be featured in the September issue of our magazine), we thought we’d ask you if we could see yours first???!!!! Hence, a contest!

Then, MaryJane and her daughter Meggie will pick a couple of Grand Prize winners: one for best of show and one from the farmgirl chapter with the most entries (this is where YOU ALL come in!). Our PINKEEPER WINNERS get MaryJane and her clan (Meggie, Luke, and baby) for a visit, actually a crafting visit in your hometown!

Need some ideas? Download these examples of pinkeepers from the book and see how creative you can get by making one in your own personal style, or round up some like-minded farmgirls and turn it into a social event. Then join women from all over the country by participating in our pinkeeper gallery. Just send a photo of your pinkeeper to contest@maryjanesfarm.org by July 1, 2007.

In addition to getting to visit and craft with MaryJane and her family, the winners will also be featured in MaryJanesFarm magazine and on her website. Nine honorable mention selections will receive a free copy of the book. All entries will be posted for everyone to see in the gallery and the two winners and nine honorable mentions announced July 15.

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Here's Your Chance to Shine!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page