True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  4:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Dang!!

Why do i have to be the 1st one to jump off the bridge !!

I don't know how deep that water is.. & i can't even swim!!

We'll see..That was pretty funny though.. did you see how quiet it got???

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Girls...lets think about these tats. I always thought as a teenager I wanted a little sweet butterfly on my hiney...now dear farmgirls it would be a LUNA MOTH!!! Thank goodness I didnt do it!!! Maybe now...that everything seems to be the size it will stay!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  11:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Okay, y'all, you are TOO GOOD! - I'll say, yep - I'll do it - on ONE condition - I can do it with a Sharpie marker!!! I have the "caterpillar-ends-as-boa-constrictor" phobia that our dear Soap Maven mentioned above....

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  11:18:48 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE these...and would sure be interested in bumper stickers, tee shirts and all..I would order!!! Go for it gals!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  03:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Ok, I am all for the tee shirts, bumperstickers, pins....but the tattoo scares me....Mima you are a wild woman! And Kathie.....you should put one on your bicep that says "backstitchin Mama".....LOL (All my kids have tattoos....but I am way too old fashioned)(and scared)Arghh!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Actually my kids would flip if I really got a tattoo! They rolled their eyes when I had my nose pierced a couple of years ago! I thought it was cute-they thought I was having a midlife crisis!!!LOL!
Susan and Libbie-loved the boa-constrictor/luna moth description!

Bev- I'm really not wild! Just a 13 year old living in a 48 year old body! Sooo immature! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:18:51 AM  Show Profile
I like ALL of them.. T's , Bumper Stickers.. Pins.. I think there has to be more that we aren't thinking of.. OOOHH.. printed on T-Towels!! That sounds Cute too.. ! & that Tattoo!! Ok.. secret's out.. i ALWAYS wanted one..! My kids would love it.. My husband would have a mortal melt down.. neither of us have one.. ( my sons do.. my daughter does not..) I used to want Curious George peeking out of my bra strap years ago before he became popular.. But now he's too common.. so I'm glad I nixed that.. BUT.. ( & I've mentioned my back before..) I have a scar on my lower back from surgery..) Do you remember Harold & the Purple Crayon? Well.. I always though he with a set of blue prints.. & a Crane.. & the beggining stages of the Eifel Tower Starting around my scar.. ?
ok.. sorry.. off the subject.. Maybe Tattoo's should have it's own subject..
But.. before I get TOO old.. & TOO Saggy.. & things would be TOO unrecognizable!! I would like one.. SOMEWHERE!!
Not my Bicep though.. I would look like i should be carrying my wallet in my back pocket!

ok.. Aprons.. we have some great ideas!!! this is not even a week away!!!

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:26:16 AM  Show Profile
Go for it Kathy !!! I think your hip would be cute!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:47:33 AM  Show Profile
I'm thinking NOT! My hip!
Ya know.. I remember when i was younger & i looked at a certain size & looked at my sister. & i said.. Wow.. if i ever get to be THIS size.. you better tell me!! or... just shoot me!! well, naturally i am well past that size.. & i also remember looking at women I wondering when does this happen, that your butt starts growing up your back? .. I can't remember the exact date of course.. except i know that my daughter is forever on my case to stop wearing my pants so high now!! I tell her that THIS IS WHERE MY WAIST IS JENNIFER!! Just under my Bra!! So.. i wish i could remember the exact moment this happens. & i could go back & stop it.. but i don't..
So.. no Mima.. Not The hip.. because I think that may really be my rib or armpit..

Edited by - Kathie on May 10 2007 07:49:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  08:24:56 AM  Show Profile
You are so funny! Wish we could have coffee! We'd be laughing all over the place!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  08:45:33 AM  Show Profile
YOU are funny!! anytime i see a post from you I have to quik go see what your doing!
Yeah.. we'd have alot of fun..
I do like to make people laugh though.. seems my best stories are always about myself though.... stupid things I've done.. *sigh*..
I'll have to tell you some one day.. like getting stuck up in the tree.. i really am a clutz too.. besides being a ding bat..!

I called in sick today.. had a horrible Migraine last night.. but started feeling better about an hour ago.. so.. i think I'm going to go start on another Lumber Jack Apron!

Edited by - Kathie on May 10 2007 08:45:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  08:57:25 AM  Show Profile
You sound just like ME! I'm klutz and some of my funniest stories are all the dumb things I've done!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:12:18 AM  Show Profile
I'll be 47 this summer.. & i have a scab on my knee from falling down the other day because i was too busy looking at something in my sisters garden & missed a step.. WHO does this?? I'm an idiot! And nosy too! I trip on my own feet for God's sake!
I got a new bike last fall.. want to know why?
Because i wrecked & fell off my other one by miss calculating the stupid curb!.. went sailing right over the stupid handle bars!! & bent the entire bicycle frame when i wrecked it!!!
& yes.. of course I had an audiance..
misery...
AND I had on these hideous coral colored capris so when i went into the bushes head 1st My rear end was sticking up.. My daughter said i looked like Whinnie the Pooh stuck looking for honey!
ok.. I have to stop doing this here!!
APRONS!!
I get off the subject too much!!
We need to start a subject about stupid or clumsy things you do..

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:34:05 AM  Show Profile
So funny! You're right we should start a new topic! Best klutz moments/ tatoos and piercings /midlife crisis etc!!!!!Do you think they'd kick us off the boards???
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  10:34:46 AM  Show Profile
You girls are great ~ so refreshing and fun! But to get back to topic for a moment (lol) I'm working on checkbook covers right now that have my world famous saying with an aproned lady. Anybody interested in that? $4 plus postage (probably under a dollar). More coming!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  10:42:46 AM  Show Profile
count me in Patricia!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  11:02:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh i do like that!!..
Yes.. i think $4.00 is plenty cheap enough..
Is it going to be cloth.. or what?

yes.. $4.00 is way cheep.. I know i think i paid like $16.00 for my last one.. & it wasn't even leather.. it was just a vinyl thing.. ( Curious George..) i thought i was he only one that still used checks anymore!! i have my debit card.. but i love the stupid pictures.. so i still order the checks!
yes.. lets do the check book covers too!
I'm trying to fiddle with the Tea Towels & the Bias tape but you know I'm so clumsy.. they just don't look quite right..
( i am so addicted to Bias Tape right now! )
OH.. !! I got the book last night for Mothers day from my husband!!! i'll have to remember to post that somewhere! Isn't he such a Pumpkin? Mary Janes Stitching Room Book!! see..I wasn't too far off track.. book.. bias tape.. towels..aprons.. it eventually came back around again..
Sorry!!

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  11:08:44 AM  Show Profile
OK, Kathy - you can pay $16 (lol). It's a clear vinyl with a collage insert and the phrase, of course. I"ll have them ready by early next week and post again.

Thanks gals!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  11:15:18 AM  Show Profile
See.. your so good to me!!
THIS.. is why i just LOVE it here!!!

You all are SO much like my own Sisters!!!

Brats!

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  11:16:59 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great- I wonder if my hubby will enjoy carrying around a farmgirl checkbook! We share the checkbook! HeeHee!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  12:01:44 PM  Show Profile
It's just the price he'll have to pay being married to a True Blue Farm Girl!!.. !

Can you imagine my guys face the 1st time he ripped out a curious Geouge check.. ? wow.. what a look i got!

I suggest you split the box up & he gets the numbers from the top of the box.. & you get the numbers from the bottom.. & when you meet in the middle.. You order a new box!

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  10:59:12 AM  Show Profile
OK, ladies, I have completed the first checkbook cover. This link will take you to it:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/etceterinidoctor/photo/294928804374739736/0

They come in a clear vinyl cover and sell for $4 plus 2 - 39cent stamps or 78 cents for postage. You can pay me by Paypal (my name is Petreader) or send me a check. They should be ready to ship by early next week. First come, first served!

I hope you like them - more to come.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  2:48:20 PM  Show Profile
I love it !!!!

Such a Deal For $16.00!!! ( Ha!)

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  3:48:32 PM  Show Profile
SSSSHHHHHH....Kathy, don't tell everybody about your special deal. ThenI'll have to sell them to everybody for $16!!! (Ha yourself)

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  5:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Back to the buttons idea, how about just printing some of the graphics that were shared above on photo paper, then using some laminating paper (available at office-supply stores) to cover, and glueing on a pin back from a fabric store? Use a paper-cutting knife to cut for straight edges or even the scrapbook pinking shears....

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Happy National Aprons Day Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page