True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  12:52:37 PM  Show Profile
Okay. Here is what I have.

13 or 14 years ago, I was in a wedding. And I spent $225 for this *gorgeous* dress because that is what best friends do for each other. And -- lucky for me! -- I actually got to wear it twice after the wedding. But it has been sitting here in my closet just waiting for a new home.

It's beautiful: Waters & Waters 2-piece long skirt and cross-over blouse. Iridescent blue chiffon with crystal buttons and accents on the arms. I'll get a photo of it on my blog within in the next hour. It started life as a size 20 but was taken in to a size 16 (what can I say - I have *huge* shoulders...used to swim butterfly competitively in high school and stopped when clothes stopped fitting .)

Anyway: I want to give it away. I'm too lazy to sell it on eBay. And quite honestly: I live in an area that suffers from the *Affluenza Virus* and it wouldn't be appreciated. So if you know a gal who might like this dress for her prom, even if it needs a little bit of taking in, it's hers. I just want to know it's getting a good home. ~ K

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  1:04:00 PM  Show Profile
hey Kaylyn..I hope the dress finds a good home. I took a peek over at your blog..looks nice.
I'm sorry about your frustrations with the local school systems in your area..homeschooling is not that hard to do, and there are lots of support groups to help you out with it too.
I encourage you to look into it.
I have been a homeschooling mom for 10 yrears now..and there are other farmgirls here also that have been homeschooling for quite a while. So if you need encouragement from any of us..let us know.
~Tina

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  8:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
We have a local charity here that is called Glass Slipper. They give dresses for special occasions (prom, homecoming and such) to under privledged girls and they are in deperate need of plus size gowns. They also give new makeup and assories to go along with it...very cool. If no one on here would like it....and it would be ok with you...than I can send it their way...

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic A Dress For a Prom . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page