Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 dollies, dollies, dollies everywhere!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic dollies, dollies, dollies everywhere! Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  10:57:09 PM  Show Profile
oh my goodness .. my fingers have been flying faster than a nest of hornets! i made over a dozen dollies last week .. and everyone of them found 'momma's'. i must make a couple dozen more real soon too!

i'm excited to be teach a class of 'make-do's' and one of doll making at our kentucky homemaker's "Heritage Skills Retreat" this autumn!

what have you gurlz been sewing lately?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  11:33:27 PM  Show Profile
Aprons, Aprons & more Aprons....LOL!
You are awesome to have completed so many doilies.... I still have not finished my poor DH afgahn.
: > (
Have a wonderful week.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  11:50:33 PM  Show Profile
A dozen? WOW. It took me months to finish one doily!! I just can't hold the finer threads anymore. My hands and fingers lock up. I love crochet, but just can't do it anymore!! So I sew, making aprons. WOW, a dozen? Can't get over that. You need to enter the fastest crocheter/knitter contests!!

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.wordpress.com/
My new apron's only blog!

Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  07:43:34 AM  Show Profile
did you make doilies? I thought you made dollies? I saw some and they are so cute and so much character on each one. I am only making swaps of all sorts right now. I just finished 40 doll sized girl scout uniforms last week. hmmmm...more fun stuff in progress we will see what hapeens next.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  08:19:24 AM  Show Profile
doilies ,,, hm .. bet i could 'cut up' some fun fabrics to create doilies! i have a dozen more dolly bodies cut ..some sewn .. some stuffed .. i can stay up all night sewin' dollies .. jus' give me some good movies on tv to watch while my fingers fly! xo
40 doll sized gs uniforms! wowzer!

oh my gosh .. someday, i'll have to post the 'antique' (probably 1950's girl scout and brownie dolls i have in their original uniforms! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  08:23:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Do you have pictures? I love dolls! Someday I want to treat myself to one of those beautiful Waldorf dolls!!!!
Go to Top of Page

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  10:54:32 AM  Show Profile
You may be able to make your own Waldorf doll for a fraction of the cost! joyswaldorfdolls.com sells great kits, and I found it incredibly easy to assemble.

Best,

Robin
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  1:07:01 PM  Show Profile
i am STILL yet working on my mothers Quilt that i wanted to get done for Mothers day.. But with this manic Mind of mine.. i'm just not content unless i have fifty million things going at once.. (This would be why i seldom get things done when i intend on it..) SO.. what i had wanted to do For her Bityhday In March has now become a Motherday gift .. But as that day draws nearer.. I'm now wondering if it might be NEXT May!!! Because i'm still doing so many other projects too!
These quilts are so sweet.. & pretty.. Definatly different.. But SO time consuming.. It's a "Chenille" quilt.. So naturally takes me like 5 times longer then another quilt would.. I've considered just making it a lap quilt.. But so far.. i am sticking to my guns on this & going for the long haul!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  10:44:53 PM  Show Profile
Well Frannie, I stayed up until DAYLIGHT hooking a pair of wings for a new shelf sitter angel I'm working on. Very extreme prim. I think she is going to be AMAZING! I'm so excited about finishing her that I can't put her down!

I'd love to see your "scouts"..we are a family of scouters and just love seeing the old memorabila! Pleade do share!

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  9:54:49 PM  Show Profile
o.k. .. it's a few days later .. after midnight and i just finished TEN more dollies! won't be posting them to the "Kentucky Ramblers and Treasure Seekers" list .. cuz' i jus' hafta' have some for an upcoming show! but oh what fun!

rhonda .. i wanna' see a pic of your angel.

it is easier for me to post pics in e-mails to the ya-ya's than on here .. it seems to take forever to download them from photo bucket. jus' e-mail me and i'll take their pic and send it to you! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  06:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Frannie..
I'm wore out after all that!
TEN? i think it would take me 10 weks to do just one..
& it would look like a 7 year old had made there 1st attempt at it!!
I just can't do it!!
I really admire you! Crocheting!! & those that knitting too!
I really am so awful at it..
I fiddle with it.. i really do try..But i know how awful i am at it!
So..
I'll just have to be happy knowing that some one else I know is terrific at it! & you have fun with it too..
No.. i would be crying..
ok.. maybe not crying.. more like throwing a fit..

Kathie

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  06:49:34 AM  Show Profile
Fit throwing is perfectly acceptable when crafting!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  1:26:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Thank God!

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  11:22:41 PM  Show Profile
I remember when I first got my new sewing machine and my husband was all nervous and NOT supportive at all about my sewing stuff -- I just couldn't understand it at all -- then finally he told me that the only time he ever heard his mother swear was when she was sitting at her sewing machine!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  08:08:42 AM  Show Profile
i really am not afraid of anything on the sewing machine.. I'll tackle anything.. really.. & i can work on my sewing machine.. always have.. take it aprt.. But cuss.. oh.. yep.. i do cuss.. breaking the needles happens ALL the time to me.. the sewing machine's fault of course! it's strange.. because i know that i probably am not even good at it either.. i'm ok with knowing that.. & i just do it anyway.. but crocheting.. oh no.. I mean i've tried.. but i just don't have the patience.. maybe not enough instant gratification for me.. who knows.. sewing.. you zip it through.. VIOLA.. see.. i really did something.. Ta Da!!.. crocheting.. an hour later i don't look as if i've moved forward..
& knitting.. holy cow..
I bought my daughter a really funny knitting book & a couple sets.. pairs.. ( what ever they are called..) of needles for Easter a few years ago,.. she's pretty high strung.. ( not sure where this comes from..) & I thought this might be good for her.. maybe mellow her out a bit if she could sit & do something quiet now & then..
Well.. she did it.. That little monkey taught herself to knit!
I was so proud of her.. & she's taught several of her friends too!
she made us all scarves for Christmas..
It's really cute.. seeing her do this.
ok.. so , she decided she needs to teach her mom..
This was really ugly..
It was as bad as trying to learn to drive a stick shift from your Husband.. !
I couldn't do it!
She kept yanking the needles out of my hands.. Refixing things & saying "Mom!! what is wrong with you? Why can't you just do this??"
Well gee.. i was SOOOOO doing THAT on purpose!
So.. no more knitting lessons for me..
I'll stick to things i enjoy..
& cussing at my stupid sewing machine!

Kathie

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic dollies, dollies, dollies everywhere! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page