westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  5:42:19 PM  Show Profile
Im at work this morning & I get a call from the hospital, my husbans is in the ER. We work in the same place during the day & NO ONE comes & tells me what happened to him. A radiator w/ some kind of chemical in it exploded in his face! He burned his face(1st degree burns, not so bad they say) his eyelashes are severly singed, mustache singed, nostrils singed but his eyes were the biggest problem. He did burn them BUT thank God he didnt damage them totally. They had to scrape out rust & other particles from his eyes & the poor thing looked like he was hit by a train. He will be ok they said and he is very lucky considering but will have a few rough days. We are very grateful it wasn't worse and count our blessings. Never a dull moment.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  5:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michele-

I am so sorry that your co-workers didn't tell you that your DH was injured. I hope your DH gets better quickly and I hope his eyes heal all the way!

*hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  6:02:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Michele, I'm so sorry but thank God it wasn't worse as you said. I'll be praying for his speedy and complete recovery!
Hugs and Blessings, Mikki Jo

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  6:11:16 PM  Show Profile
Yikes! So sorry! He will be in my prayers of healing. Blessings.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4235 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4235 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:06:50 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I hope he heals fast. That sure was to bad. Michele
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:10:02 PM  Show Profile
coworkers said they didnt tell me because they wanted to wait to see how he was and not scare me but that was wrong. But its ok. Thanks for all your prayers & thoughts.

Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
(((big hugs))) How scarey!

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:22:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad things worked out ok! I had the same type of situation happen; hubby & I worked at the same company, he as a driver and me in the office. He was hit by another car while on duty. The collision totalled his car and bruised him up pretty badly. The dispatchers didn't say anything to me, when hubby came to pick me up (he refused transport to the hospital) he called first and said he'd been "in a little accident." When I saw what was left of the car and how badly bruised he was, I made him go to the urgent care center. I was really upset at everyone for not telling me anything, including hubby (who was in on the "don't tell the wife" thing.) They all said the same thing; they didn't want to worry me, but I made it clear to our co-workers that I felt they overstepped their bounds and interfered with my personal life by not saying anything.

Visit my blog at www.craftyfool.net
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:44:54 PM  Show Profile
What a frightening experience for both of you! Sometimes our friends and family do things with the best of intentions, but well....hopefully there won't be another occasion when they have to decide whether to tell or not.

Warm hugs to you and healing wishes out to your hubby!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  7:48:51 PM  Show Profile
aww Michele...and your hubby..I am so sorry this happened to you both..but very thankful that it wasn't any worse. I really hope that your husbands eyes heal up just fine. Take care of yourselves. Farmgirl hugs going out to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  8:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh ....how scary!!! I am so glad for you guys that it wasn't worse..but still!! He is sure gonna need the TLC for awhile I bet. Poor guy!! Take care!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  8:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Michele,
I am so very sorry!!! That is awful! I will be praying for his full and quick recovery! That is so scary that you were there and no one told you! I do so hope that never happens to anyone again! Tons of hugs, prayers, and best wishes are heading your way for both you and your DH!! And as always,
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  8:44:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, how scary!! I hope he heals quickly!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  10:37:37 PM  Show Profile
Michelle,
you & your DH are wrapped in prayers. <><

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  05:00:48 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about your DH's accident! Many wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care!
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  05:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, just take one day at a time. You and your husband are in God's hands. He will carry you through this. Angie

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  08:53:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Michele! I am so sorry to hear this, and I'm sending prayers and thoughts of comfort to you both. How is he doing today? And...how are YOU?

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  6:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls for all your warm thoughts & prayers. He is doing a little better today but very tired & worn out. Hes sleeping alot which is what his eyes really need to heal. I want to sleep but can't!! Isn't that always the way? I keep checking him every minute it seems.

Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  6:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Yikes!

How's he feeling today?

Visit Quiet Storm, our adopted Mustang! http://wildaboutquietstorm.com

http://carpentercreek.blogspot.com http://mustangdiaries.blogspot.com http://marbletownangels.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What a day!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page