Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 Any tips on dealing with spiders?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Any tips on dealing with spiders? Next Topic  

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

276 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
276 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  08:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter and her family have moved into a house in rural Arkansas - and it has spiders inside as well as outside - brown recluse, brown widows, black widows - we won't talk about the tarantulas..... there are good spiders too..... I'm just obsessing about the scary ones.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to deal with spiders? They had brown recluse spiders at the park in Texas before they moved in their workshop so possibly some have made the journey with them. They are unpacking boxes and have also recently replaced their flooring so there is a lot going on. Last night Meg killed a pretty large brown recluse in their living room and Curtis killed one in his shop.

I took her some peppermint essential oil and made her a spray. I think we have even convinced her husband that an exterminator might be an option as they get settled.

I was bit by a brown recluse when I was in junior high - so I am a little spider phobic.....

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4009 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4009 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  08:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that’s is not good, I do not like Spiders either they just give me the creeps. We always just got an exterminator as that is the most effective way I think, but the peppermint oil is great too from the end between times. I know how worrisome this is for you Laura, I hope they are able to get rid of them soon.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2678 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2678 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  09:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I would go the exterminator route. So many places for them to hide and it will take care of them. It will give you peace of mind, too. Good luck!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Any tips on dealing with spiders? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page