nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1351 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1351 Posts

Posted - May 15 2023 :  2:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was missing everyone as I've been so busy I haven't been on here much.
But I see everyone is busy LOL! Not much is happening at the henhouse right now. What are you all busy with?

I've been making some jelly, making first cutting hay, training a new mama cow to milk - it's not going very well, and getting the garden all planted.

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

286 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
286 Posts

Posted - May 15 2023 :  3:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Heather - and all our Wildflowers :)

I totally understand the busy - I've been a bit overwhelmed with life here too. It's amazing how the days just fill up and fly by. I've been missing being here with everyone. I'm going to get caught up on what you've all been doing.

Jelly - what kind do you make? I've never tried canning - I'm a little intimidated by the process.

Laura

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4099 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4099 Posts

Posted - May 15 2023 :  3:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I miss posting photos and such but still am unable too. I emailed Brian this morning.
Had a wonderful weekend with my guys, just relaxing and enjoying life. Wednesday I am going to Eugene, Oregon for a couple of days. I have a Rheumatology appointment so we decided to stay all night. Will do some shopping at Home Depot and Lowe’s as we do not have either one in Coos Bay. We love Applebees so we will eat there for dinner. It will be fun! It’s only about 2 ~ 3 hours from home.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1064 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1064 Posts

Posted - May 15 2023 :  6:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is busy! :) I have been busy planting flowers in my pots and seeds in the garden. We have also spent a lot of time away from home which is unusual for us. lol. Graduation party, Mother's Day get-togethers, finally going grocery and Costco shopping. And my hubby and I have also be trying to spend lots of time just sitting outside. Those times will be coming to an end quickly as it is becoming very hot her already. I am also busy getting ready to go to Joseph, Oregon for a 4 day crafting retreat! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4099 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4099 Posts

Posted - May 15 2023 :  6:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is Joseph Oregon Karen?

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 15 2023 :  7:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, lucky you, Karen!!! What a beautiful place for a retreat!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - May 16 2023 :  03:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
Brian had the IT dept. 5fix the photo posting problem. So we can put them on again.

Karen, a crafting retreat sounds wonderful!

I have been busy working on cleaning and organizing our garage. Catching up from our trip, laundry, paperwork,etc. Seems I have to start a project, that is what cleaning the garage is here, in order to motivate someone to help me.
My sister asked while we were there if I would make some things for her shop so that is on my to do list also. The grands will be out of school in 7 days according to the countdown so things will get busier here. I love it though!
Enjoy your day sister Wildflowers!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

815 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
815 Posts

Posted - May 16 2023 :  07:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning ladies. WARNING! Long post, lol.
I am in the final stages of moving. As most of y’all know, my son was married in October. They already had a house, but with job changes, they are now driving an hour to get to work. At the end of March they decided to put their house up for sale, so they could move closer to their jobs and family. Well, things went rather quickly. They got a contract within three days, with a cash buyer, and closed in three weeks!! Sooo, we all had to put it in high gear. They had to empty the whole house, we had to clear two rooms for them to move in with us. They still had to rent a storage unit and haven’t even had time to shop for a house. We have a small house at the coast in a 55 and older community, that we bought when we retired. So we decided to spend more time there and give them their space. Victoria my daughter-in-law’s sister is graduating high school and has been accepted at Wingate University, which is 15 minutes from the house. To help her save thousands, we have decided to make our move permanent, and let her move into the house as well. Clearing out forty years of stuff is hard, especially moving to a much smaller place. It has been very stressful and emotional having to make decisions about sentimental things. I also had to pack up my whole craft room, which is why I am so behind. I am currently creating a space for my crafts at our beach house, and now that things are settling down, I am feeling so blessed and peaceful in this new season of our life. I am so happy that we have been able to provide our son Will a place to land, and save money for a house. Also so happy to provide a refuge for Victoria’s sister to live while attending college. Will is our only child, and the house would be his anyway one day. I am relieved also, to have dealt with my forty years of hoarding, instead of them having to deal with it once we are gone. I’d say it’s a win-win for everyone! Whew, it just happened so fast. LOL

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Wanda Sue
Farm Girl #3677
Farmgirl of the Month-August 2022

Edited by - Wanda Sue on May 16 2023 08:06:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 16 2023 :  08:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man! Sounds like everyone has been super busy doing some pretty productive and amazing things! I wish I could say the same, but I honestly don't know where my time goes. I guess by the time Walmart gets its large cut of my day, living takes care of the rest! Lol I keep making lists of things I want to do, so I haven't given up.

Hannah #6994
February 2023 FGOTM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - May 16 2023 :  08:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanda Sue, congratulations on your move! I hear you on the downsizing after all those years. I am desperately trying to continue keeping things tidy here and not hoard. But when I go to see my cousin each year I come home inspired to keep it done. She and her husband have lived in their place for 50+ years. Raised 3 boys there and have kept things updated and cleaned out. I am striving to do the same. They are much older than we are but I too don't want a mess of things for my kids to go through. I figure if it is kept in order they will have an easier time of it.

Hannah, this has been an extremely busy month for us and I am trying to get back into the groove but it is not going especially well.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4099 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4099 Posts

Posted - May 16 2023 :  08:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen, I found Joseph on the map looks like a sweet town. Enjoy your retreat and have fun.

Oh Wanda a beach cottage how wonderful! What fun you will have and to know your family are happy to have a home share. Enjoy yourself and do not forget to send us your new address.
Downsizing is no fun I know and difficult. In two weeks Toms brothers are heading to Colorado to get the last of our household goods out of storage
and bring it to us. It will be like Christmas as we have not seen these treasures in 3 years! Yikes, we need to downsize again.

It was in the 90’s for Mothers Day, it was hot but loved it.
Enjoy your week Wildflowers and I was so happy to have y’all check in.

Denise I am happy you and Jim enjoyed your anniversary and seeing your cousins, it’s always fun to get away for awhile and have fun. Thanks for letting us know we can post photos again.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on May 16 2023 08:58:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - May 16 2023 :  09:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love that photo!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1064 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1064 Posts

Posted - May 16 2023 :  7:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanda Sue, what a gift for your son and daughter-in-law and sister. I can’t imagine having to pack a house full of things. My hubby and I still live in our “starter” house. It’s small. So I’ve learned over the years to purge and organize every year. It has helped me use the things I keep and not keep them tucked away for a special occasion. Every day is special, so I use my stuff!

Denise, your trip sounds wonderful. My family is mostly gone now and John’s family is all local to us which is wonderful.

Hannah, there is nothing wrong with just being after a long day of work. It’s important to refuel yourself.

Debbie F, enjoy seeing your treasures again! How fun will that be! And you get to see family to boot, which great!

I’m excited about the retreat. The location is almost 3.5 hours from home. I’ve never been to Joseph and I hear that it’s a quaint little town. Joseph is in Northeast Oregon.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

286 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
286 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  10:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Wanda Sue - what an adventure you have been on! I have been working on unpacking and organizing here since my son is home for the summer. It's amazing that I moved last summer and I've still got boxes to go through! Will you have an updated mailing address now?

Debbie - how fun to go through your treasures again. It's always fun to find surprises and remember what you have. (And honestly it makes it easy to let things go that you can't figure out why you packed it in the first place!)

Karen - enjoy your retreat! I love being able to get away for some crafty time.

Laura

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you up to? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page