Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What are you creating - 2023
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you creating - 2023 Next Topic
Page: of 3

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3503 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3503 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2023 :  11:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love this photo and amazing how tall the corn in behind you. Those crocheted bags are really cute!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4707 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4707 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2023 :  8:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The brown and gold bag I made for someone who loves sunflowers. Need
to embellish it a bit.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9434 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9434 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2023 :  03:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 of Hannah's bags. One from my birthday and the other from a swap. They are handy when you have a small project you can take on the go.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2023 :  06:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those bags are really cute.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."
Sister #8572 6/9/2023

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4707 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4707 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2023 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Winnie. Hannah gave me one of the bags for FGOTM in June, and I love it. When I saw she lived in the next town over from where we would be I made arrangements to meet her in person. They are great for carrying small projects.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9434 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9434 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2023 :  07:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
Are you still in Michigan? Our weather is fantastic today. I think it is supposed to be clear until Sunday with rain coming in. I'm happy about the rain but it also looks like it could stay around a while. The plus side is it will keep the temperatures down.

Once again I am in organization mode. I decided to change out some of the cabinets I had for my crafting area. I am seriously thinking of moving a thing or two around in the side of the basement where some of my crafting happens so that I can have everything in the same area instead of in 2 different parts of the basement. There is also a place under our basement stairs that I would like to put to use. I think I do more organizing of stuff than I do actually using it. I am sorting and downsizing (again) as I go. Too much stuff overwhelms me. Does anyone else have that problem, being overwhelmed by too much?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3503 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3503 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2023 :  12:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, it sounds like you are definitely on it with your ideas for the basement craft area!! How awesome your new home has the space for you to change things to hopefully work more efficiently for you too. You will have to let us know what you finally decide.

I resonate with feelings when you feel like there is too much stuff and you just want to figure out what needs to move on and what needs to stay. It seems to me that as I get older, I have figured out better what I need and what I really might have use for. There are so many things I would love to have but the truth is I don't have any room to store more stuff. Recently, I got the bug again to sort out my closet and book shelves in my logcabin and have dropped off a lot of stuff at Friends of the Library and my favorite thrift store.

About two weeks ago, I just googled decluttering and found all kinds of interesting sites and advice. The site I liked the best listed a strategy of how to figure out what isn't necessary by room. It was straight forward, simple, and easy to do and I used those recommendations on this recent effort in the logcabin room. Progress comes in small steps! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9434 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9434 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2023 :  12:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I decided to put everything in the same area. It's a snug fit but I hate running back and forth because I need something from one or the other place.
I've been doing laundry and meals in between so I feel like I am also getting some household things done as well. I started this morning and 6 hrs later I am quite tired out. Plus, one of the grands came over but our eldest granddughter kept her occupied. I will get some pictures when everything gets put back to rights. Lol.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 02 2023 12:53:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2023 :  06:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been busy sewing this past week. I made a travel pin keep and repurposed a old dress into an apron. Oh by the way the dress that is on the dress form I made last year.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
Sister #8572 6/9/2023

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4707 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4707 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2023 :  08:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When we were in Michigan and Indiana we went to a LOT of thrift and antique malls. I found this wonderful display rack I can use when I sell some of the things I make. In Indiana, just a few blocks from Ed's cousin's house, we found this display rack. It has 4 wire mesh sides with 2 panels on each side and each panel had 30 "hooks" on it for a total of 240 hooks. These panels form a square display rack and are on a rotating base. On 2 of the panels, the hooks are not moveable; however, on the other 6 panels, each row of hooks can be rotated into the center of the display, which means that items of various lengths can be hung on the hooks. This was only $20, and are usually between $50-150. It comes commpletely apart and came home easily in the bed of Ed's truck!

These pix were taken in my living room, so I hope you can get the idea of the display unit. Also, the 2 panels on one side are removed and in the middle.

This is going to be so handy!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3503 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3503 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2023 :  12:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Linda! These shelves look very useful for your upcoming plans to display items for sale. Great find at a fabulous price!

Laurie, I love that apron made from an old dress. Cute fabric! The travel pin keep is also nice. There are so many times when we all are glad to have one tucked away I'm our suitcase.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2023 :  5:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those will come in very handy Linda.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
Sister #8572 6/9/2023

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2023 :  08:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't finished many projects. I think I've been more in a staring mood than finishing mood. I think it has to do with having to think to finish a project. lol I think a lot with school and I look to knitting as a break from it all. I also have not been quilting much. It's just easier for me to pick up the needles than to sit at the machine.

I've been working on the Storm Sweater by Petite Knit. I'm using yarn from Australia that my friend Cheryl sent me in 2015. I've been saving it for the perfect project and this is it! lol I'm using yarn from Bendigo Woolen Mills 100% Australian Merino wool.

It has an interest construction that I started before school! LOL I've been working on it on and off.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Oct 06 2023 09:01:21 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you creating - 2023 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page