nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1342 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1342 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2022 :  10:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do any of you use a vacuum sealer for freezer food? I'm looking into getting one and wondered if there's anything to look for or avoid, or any tips you have for using one, etc.

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1055 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1055 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2022 :  5:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heather, we have a a food saver brand one. It’s super old. We are wanting to replace it as it doesn’t work so great anymore. I love using mine though. We use it to divide up things like chicken breasts and pork chops. We buy when they are on sale and then put them in individual servings and freeze them. When we replace ours, I want to be sure to get the attachment for sealing canning jars. Sorry to not be of much help, except to say you should definitely get one! Lol. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

286 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
286 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2023 :  4:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brother uses Meat Your Maker - he has the chamber. He uses it for everything.

He sealed up Christmas cookies, our saffron rolls and our Swedish meatballs for my daughter since she didn’t get to join us for Christmas, When we unsealed them last week, there were all great!

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic vacuum sealer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page