Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Halloween~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Halloween~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Next Topic  

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4080 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2022 :  3:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am so very happy today so I decided to start decorating for Autumn and Halloween. I usually start September 1st decorating but I thought today was a great day. I love, love Halloween and I have been celebrating since I got married, 48 years ago. I never really had a childhood, no trick or treating and so many other things that children do. When my Son Kent was born I made sure that I did everything with and for him that I did not get to do. Like read him bed time
stories every night and have a wonderful Halloween, Christmas, Easter and More. My next favorite holiday is Christmas but Halloween is my favorite. I have so much more of Halloween Decorations and treasures from our house in Colorado but those boxes are not unpacked yet. Everything you see on my tree and by tree I have collected since I have been here in Oregon. And there is more all over the house. I also have two mummified bats in the jar you see here. One is from the Myrtlewood house up the road we almost bought one from the Myrtlewood house we live in. They were both dead when I found them, one got his wing caught and died and the other I am not sure. But, they are truly Halloween Specimens!
I dress up every year as a good Witch and I have the whole outfit to include Dress, Purple and Black Hooded Cape, Hat, shoes, jewelry and yes a Witches Broom I had made from a Broom Maker in Colorado.
Kent does my makeup every year, he and Tom wear spooky masks. We have wonderful food, scary movies and games. I look forward to Halloween every year with great joy.
So, there you go something you did not know about your Old Mama Hen, I am Crazy! But I am Fun!

My Bats, I took them out of the jar so you can see them better. Hee, Hee!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1048 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2022 :  6:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How fun! Look at all the fun decorations!! Your bats are cool too. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

794 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
794 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2022 :  6:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness Debbie, those bats! I remember finding a dead baby bat when I was little. I brought it into the house to ask my parents what it was. I thought my mom would have a heart attack, which was followed by a long lecture about not touching dead animals, lol. I wish I was close enough to visit your house on Halloween!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Wanda Sue
Farm Girl #3677
Farmgirl of the Month-August 2022
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4080 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2022 :  6:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen, thanks wait until you see when I finished!

Oh if y’all lived close enough to us for Halloween we would have one of our Fischer Halloween Parties. Our friends in Colorado really miss us they said but the really miss out Halloween parties! We use to do Cemetery walks the whole 9 yards!
Wanda Sue you made me laugh, I bet you mom did almost have a heart attack, too funny.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Aug 31 2022 07:02:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1337 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1337 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2022 :  08:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like fun! I haven't been to a Halloween celebration since I was a teenager. Technically I guess that's not true - my brother got married on Halloween. They asked all the guests to wear costumes. Only a few did. I was in the wedding party so I didn't get to. It was way more wedding than Halloween LOL!

I've only ever seen bats flying around. I'd love to find one hanging upside down (outside of course!)

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4080 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2022 :  10:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Part of my Halloween display at our rental home last year. It was fun!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Halloween~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page