levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2022 :  05:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen, I didn't have a craft room either until everyone left home.
When we bought this home I had my eye tuned for craft spaces.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2022 :  11:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it interesting that if we really need a space that is important to us, eventually, things change and we can find that space we dreamed to have? I can say that about turning my oldest daughter's room into my LogCabin. With wallpaper and Hubby's help. we got it done and he painted all the walls and trim for me as well. I have my desk and craft stuff in there and have been able to decorate it with old things that lean towards primitive style. Having a real log cabin to live in down here in Florida is always a challenge and problem because the termites will eat it down to the ground in a flash! I actually asked out Termite control guy who comes every year to inspect about a real log cabin and he was the one who told me it would be a huge problem and lots of chemicals would have to be applied to the wood to prevent it's ruin by termites. It would also be almost impossible to get home owners insurance if you actually planned to live in it. sigh! However, my dream sort of got updated to a Florida reality and lo and behold, they make great wall paper.!!!

I also added a faux electric fire place and enjoy it in the few cold spells we have down here.

These photos were taken at the very beginng and now I have more stuff in here in the way of furniture, and accessories like lamps and my desk with computer. But you get the general idea of how it looks. heheh, I haven't seen one termite in the past 4 years!! LOL!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jul 28 2022 3:46:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2022 :  11:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your little log cabin room Winnie! I'm glad you haven't seen any termites too. We dealt with them in our last home. Of course they were the kind they didn't have to tent the house for and we caught them early on. So it was a year's treatment and upkeep. We sold the place and I thought sure they would want to keep the plan. They could have taken it over for a small amount. But they chose not to.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 28 2022 03:47:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1042 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1042 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2022 :  6:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I love your room!! You’re so creative!! It looks so inviting and cozy!!

I believe our home evolve over time as our lives change seasons. My nest had to become empty to get my craft room as my home only has 2 bedrooms (and 1 bathroom and two daughters). Once my girls were established on their own, I redid their bedroom. It’s my happy place for sure…especially when it’s 105 outside!

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2022 :  7:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie that’s nice room, love the warm fireplace, so cozy!

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  11:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are updates of what it looks like today. This first one is the faux fireplace in the summer. I remove the electrical heat log unit and just fill with Birch tree logs. As you can tell, I brought out my Apple things a few days ago to enjoy early. And see that stone pumpkin on the right side on the hearth area??? Her name is Pumpkin Pie and she lives by the fireplace all year long. I crocheted her some seasonal ties for her hat. She is sporting the apple tie. I never know when I might need to see a grinning pumpkin in the evening!!

This second photo shows my book nook area. I found this darling little pine hutch handmade by a man about 25 miles south of where I live. It holds books and a few other things. The old pie safe beside it also stores books, the quilt my Aunt Ellen made by hand and a neat mini log cabin on the top which has a small LED tea light source that makes it lit up inside. I just realized that when I first posted this reply, I had the same photo twice. Below is the one I should have entered.

As you can tell, I have added a lot more stuff to the area but it is fun and I love fixing it up for every season. I work on all my swaps in here at my desk.

Karen, I know just what you mean about our seasons. Life truly changes between raising a family and then being an empty nest. Plus my interests have also changed as well as how I use my time.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jul 28 2022 3:48:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  2:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your little fireplace area is awesome! It must be so relaxing to spend time there. Love your little stone pumpkin as well as your towels and other decor.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic So tell me.. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly